Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Gaak!

I'm only on Page 2 of the thread, so I don't know if anyone has already posted this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1bb4L9m8E
    It's a description of a couple of interviews with Ann Andrews. Very interesting.
    Posted By: AngusAnybody want to place bets on a cage match between Lodewijk and Grant?

In the Far Left corner, Don Lodewijk the Solipsist, weighing in too Light to measure, undefeated in twenty fights against himself, all by knockouts....VERSUS, in the Far Right corner, gRANT hEDGES the Christian Preacher, weighing in at maximum Smugness, also undefeated in twenty fights with Heartless Demons, all by putting his opponent to sleep with sermons....
    • CommentAuthor1324u2
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010 edited

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: AngusAnybody want to place bets on a cage match between Lodewijk and Grant?

In the Far Left corner, Don Lodewijk the Solipsist, weighing in too Light to measure, undefeated in twenty fights against himself, all by knockouts....VERSUS, in the Far Right corner, gRANT hEDGES the Christian Preacher, weighing in at maximum Smugness, also undefeated in twenty fights with Heartless Demons, all by putting his opponent to sleep with sermons....

This is...a VISA card moment. :-)
    Thank goodness I am a Cro-Magnon.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010 edited

The late Dr. Mack was a Harvard professor and a total whackoe just as Dr. Gary Schwartz is a full professor of psychology at the University of Arizona and a complete nuthead.

Advanced degrees and professorial positions with institutions of higher learning are no guarantees of the slightest good sense. These two dopes are perfect examples of why "appeal to authority" is a logical fallacy instead of a way to learn new things.
    And also why you should remember to look both ways before crossing the street.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010

Especially if you are an American visiting Sydney. The 2 weeks of the 2000 Olympics were halcyon days for personal injuries lawyers.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Ann Andrews is indeed very confused. But so is our ego. It doesn't mean she is lying, only that she is mixing two perceptions: at one point she says that time is an illusion -from the point of view of our true Identity- and then she talks about time sequences again. She says we are God, but then forgets all about that again in her egoic state.

It is true that an academic title is no guarantee of infallibility, but I am not familiar with any psychiatrist having analyzed people for years who obviously are very traumatized by what they experience as abductions by aliens and diagnosed them as crazy.
    I maintain the the whole phenomena is a symbolization of experiencing being a human. I myself once saw a reflexion of my body in a window when I was in a higher state of awareness, and I realized I was seeing the most feared predator known to us on earth. Very intelligent, but also a killer animal often eating the flesh of animals it murdered. And I also realized that this predator was not who I really am. It gave me a big scare for a moment.
    From my viewpoint at that moment I realized we are a race as humans that also kills even large amounts of our kind, and that we were often afraid of each other when strangers, because we know anyone unknown to us could be our potential killer. Even though we push that thought out of our mind not to go crazy. But we know it is true. Every day we see it confirmed in the news. Talking about being abducted by a predatory alien race every morning when we open our eyes again... but we are not really it. Thank God.

Solipsism is believing that you are the only one in existence, and that others are but imaginations in your mind. That is not the same as being convinced that we all share the same Identity, and that the Cause of this world is becoming aware of Itself as we Its Extensions.

But I was not going to post here anymore. So much for that this time. At least I stayed away for 18 hours.

pcstru, you asked:

"Cheerybye then. I'm a little confused by all this stuff - if we are really (and I mean really as in really really not just like everyday 'really') kinda some hyperspace entity that's having a dream and is all lovely, warm, cuddly and generally a real hoopy frood, what does it matter about this non real reality."

I addressed that issue right before you posted this on the previous page right above that picture of that North-Korean symbol for our ego: a megalomaniac and tyrant enslaving us to the believe that we are all equal as humans, unaware that we are indeed equals, but as divine Beings, not human beings. And of course presuming to be more equal than others, and having therefore the right to privileges others don't have a right to.

The fact that we morally find this attitude appalling proves that we are not the ego. We morally dislike it, because we are dislike it. And this is no word play. You experience it yourself. Or rather, YourSelf is experiencing it even as a human.

I'll see if I can refrain from posting here for at least 24 hours this time. My goal is to forget about it all together...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

• CommentAuthorLodewijk

Thank you Duracell. Glad you agree... even if on the surface you mean it sarcastically. At least on this level you take it humorously. Good for you.

See you all in 24 (maybe.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

• CommentAuthornova

Lod, you are WRONG WRONG WRONG. Leave me alone. I have a healthy ego. It worlks for me and my happiness is earned as it is with all others.
    • CommentAuthornova

Happiness is earned and it is my ultimate pursuit. The pursuit is also guaranteed by the US constitution.
    Thank you Aristotle.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

PS:
    Before I go:
    Jason said that all those abductions were taking place with our consent on a soul level. Later he and his mother forgot all about that and felt like victims again, getting very angry. This is obviously level confusion between the subconscious and the conscious.

In a way we are all volunteering to come into this world knowing that we would be severely "tested" and "probed". This not only happens to many of us right at this moment in various medical facilities all over the globe. Who has not been insulted and called names? I have been. On the other forum I was "Charles Manson" and "a child molester", and of course "an idiot". Here I was called "the dimmest lightbulb on the line" as well as being accused of blasphemy... I thought God did not exist here... : D

All this is projection from a subconscious level were we assume that this is what we are. Our human egos are that indeed, but our egos are not Who we really are. Although it is still true that when we think "I", it is still God Who thinks "I" as we.
    In a dream it is still the dreamer who -if he dreams he is a mouse- thinks "I" when as his dreamed mouse he thinks "I".

So far I have been able to maintain my awareness alive that we are only judging each other by our human appearances. And that we are not judging Who we really are. So I can be steadfast in wishing the others here well, and remain loving and respectful.

Thank you for giving me this training.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

That bull looks like bull indeed. But those ladies certainly don't look like shit to me.... ; )

Must go now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

•  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Go!!! Fuck off!!! sling your hook, bugger off, get the fuck out of dodge.........

STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT AND JUST FUCKING GO!
    • CommentAuthornova

Lod is a projection of my nightmare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

He is the very worst sort of fool... Serene in his own little world and untouchable by logic or reason... The sort of fool that realy PISS ME OFF!!!!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

IOW he is a member of Steorn's target audience.