Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Google is apparently not your friend in some cases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2019

Who asked me if they could usurp my sovereign orbital resource like that?
    ?
    The argument was made that they were not yet in their final orbits, implying that they might be dimmer when they were higher. My comment was meant to point out that satellites in geosynch orbit are plenty bright enough to mess up astrophotos and I have presented evidence from my own work to back that up. So for the Muskellites to be dimmer because of height of final orbit, would they not have to be even higher than geosynch? My argument is that they will not be anywhere near high enough, nor dark enough, to mitigate their negative effects on visual astronomy. And "higher than LEO" is still a very low bar to clear.
    And what about radio astronomy? Those things aren't just passive reflectors, are they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2019

Sorry Al, it's going to get worse.

Stanford and NASA Ames researchers put inexpensive chip-size satellites into orbit.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Stanford_and_NASA_Ames_researchers_put_inexpensive_chip_size_satellites_into_orbit_999.html
    About that missing dark matter. It isn't.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQwr7BhzOM
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2019

Posted By: Trim
    Stanford and NASA Ames researchers put inexpensive chip-size satellites into orbit.

More property for our Space Force(tm) to protect.
    This is how Dyson swarms get started.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

The space garbage will form a protective shell that shields us from evil space radiation once we've burnt off all the fossilized solar energies Jesus gave us to prosperly Multiplicate without arabic numbers.

Confused? It's 4-D chess or bullshit. Guess what.
    If your opponent employs N-dimensional chess, deploy (N+1)-dimensional chess.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

OTOH, the SEC does not play []n'th dimensional bullshit pacman and will bite you in the arse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2019 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2019

OTOH, the short days are far more boring. Around this time the newly hatched crow-chickens can be heard inventing and practicing their own names. Watching a crow becoming literate is quite a thing to behold...

Winter is death...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2019 edited

Antila2 and the Milky Way

Listening to a podcast describing the conjectured event.

Wow--a galaxy full of little people.
    I would have preferred elves
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019 edited

It still amazes me what a cheap compact camera can do today.

(Canon 730 HS)
    A beach? A damaged car door?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019

A Moon.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019

Come on, this is surreal. A tiny handheld point and shoot camera can produce images like that? That's far beyond what could be imagined in the flash-cube age.