Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: bloodymediaI built one:
    http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=62445&page=1#Item_1

ROTFLOL Fun one...
    bloodymedia

You left out the battery and switch to operate the coil. Got to place the coil and magnet in the center. The swithc has to come on right before BDC, and stay on until it starts to swing back.

Now you have to get rid of all of the CEMf, When the swing gets to high you place the pick up coil there so it can recharge that battery and wont let the pendulum swing over the top which would be a no no... So then after you learn how to build every part and fine tune it you will get OU...
    Hm, I made it too simple. Shame ...
    Posted By: Divalent
    Two months (Nov 14th, above) ago you indicated you were going to investigate it yourself. Did you?

Nope. Other things on my plate at the moment. Hey, give me a break. Steorn and their 20 engineers have taken 6 years.
    Posted By: overconfident
    Two months (Nov 14th, above) ago you indicated you were going to investigate it yourself. Did you?

Nope. Other things on my plate at the moment. Hey, give me a break. Steorn and their 20 engineers have taken 6 years and 14,000,000 Euro.

Fixed.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Posted By: overconfident

Nope. Other things on my plate at the moment. Hey, give me a break.

You're the one who bumped the thread.

Steorn and their 20 engineers have taken 6 years.

So....add a battery and you can close the loop.
    Posted By: bloodymediaHm, I made it too simple. Shame ...

cant fool em with simple man..
    Posted By: BigOilRep
    You're the one who bumped the thread.

Someone else dragged "penduSMOT" into current discussion. I responded here to avoid disrupting an Orbette thread. Figured I'd get a bunch of flak and didn't want to detract from the main topic.
    Posted By: RunningBare
    Posted By: overconfidentHey, give me a break. Steorn and their 20 engineers have taken 6 years and 14,000,000 Euro.

Fixed.

Thanks, RB. Much appreciated. ;^)
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited

Posted By: overconfident(snip)... and didn't want to detract from the main topic.

The main topic is and has always been: you can't get OU from any arrangement of stationary magnets, magnets moving with one degree of freedom, or battery-powered devices involving magnets.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: overconfident(snip)... and didn't want to detract from the main topic.

The main topic is and has always been: you can't get OU from any arrangement of stationary magnets, magnets moving with one any degrees of freedom, or battery-powered devices involving magnets.