Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: AngusLock up your daughters. This is the guy who keeps promising he won't come back.
    You know that as long as he keeps getting a reaction he will just keep coming back. BIPS is your friend.

I'm ignorant. Please reveal the secret of BIPS.If it works I think I need it here.

Banning In Plain Sight - i.e. Don't feed the trolls!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010

Right. It's impossible to enforce, of course, but should happen fairly automatically as people get bored. The trouble is - there is a subgroup that gets enraged and another that finds it all amusing.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: AngusRight. It's impossible to enforce, of course, but should happen fairly automatically as people get bored. The trouble is - there is a subgroup that gets enraged and another that finds it all amusing.

The trouble is not that some find it amusing -no harm in that- but that rage is not good for the heart.
    It could also be seen as amusing that some get enraged when you tell them that they are marvelous devine beings... or that others here are that.
    To those that find it amusing: good for you. Keep laughing. The others I would ask: Why do you get so angry when someone is making you a great compliment, or when you hear he is complimenting others?
    What harm is there for anyone to hear that someone thinks they are perfectly good beings? Or for anyone to accept that as true about himself and others? Even in case it was but a fantasy, what harm?

And if you think I am just an old fool, why do you even respond? I wouldn't argue or even speak with someone I though was crazy. Mistaken in my view, OK. That's why I still post here. But not with a real nut. I would ignore him, or at least remain silent.

For you to try to change my mind is the same as for me to try to change yours about you reading or hearing this right now. No matter how long I would argue, I would not convince you that you are not conscious of these words.

So I am either a hopeless nut, or I am not and saying it as it is, no matter how hard to accept.
    Posted By: LodewijkIt could also be seen as amusing that some get enraged when you tell them that they are marvelous devine beings...

Posted By: Lodewijk
    What harm is there for enyone to hear that someone thinks they are perfectly good beings? Or for anyone to accept that as true about himself and others? What harm?

How about the harm of getting punched in the face repeatedly after you push someone too far?

I've done that before in real life, you know. If you poke someone over and over, you will eventually hit their breaking point. And that breaking is usually done to the person doing the poking, with fists. I got annoyed in tiny increments until cold logic was no longer an option, and I let my fists do the talking. That guy NEVER annoyed me again, let me tell you.
    I think it is ok and good to realize that you are part of a vast, virtually infinite continuum. There is a great mystery behind it all, and "it all" includes each of us.

But to pretend to know the mystery is BS and pretty much the essence of ego.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Drakkenmensch,
    I ask again, and try to use your capacity to reason this time please:

"What harm is there for anyone to hear that someone thinks they are perfectly good beings? Or for anyone to accept that as true about himself and others? Even in case it was but a fantasy, what harm?"

(I don't mean that we trust everyone on the egoic level and become careless. I mean the believe that everyone -regardless of his human appearance and character- is intrinsically a divine being. Even if they don't believe it themselves [yet]).
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

duncan torus,
    I ask you the same question.

Neither of you has to respond of course. But at least think about it without letting the outer ego interfere with its reasonless emotions.
    Posted By: LodewijkDrakkenmensch,
    I ask again, and try to use your capacity to reason this time please:

"What harm is there for anyone to hear that someone thinks they are perfectly good beings? Or for anyone to accept that as true about himself and others? Even in case it was but a fantasy, what harm?"

(I don't mean that we trust everyone on the egoic level and become careless. I mean the believe that everyone -regardless of his human appearance and character- is intrinsically a divine being. Even if they don't believe it themselves [yet]).

You're just lucky you're not in front of me right now. I'd punch you so hard you'd feel it last month.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

The last time someone tried to do that he busted his fist full force against a car wind-shield when I ducked instantly. It stopped him cold.

But just observe that feeling like a scientist. Why would my well intended statements who do harm to no one evoke such violent reactions in you? Interesting, isn't it?
    Lodewijk... here's something you were probably never told when you needed to learn this valuable lesson:

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.
    • CommentAuthorblueletter

Posted By: LodewijkThe last time someone tried to do that he busted his fist full force against a car wind-shield when I ducked instantly. It stopped him cold.

Mr. Lodeyagi - skip to 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbyQgjM7C4
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

I admit it. I am amused.

I am also interested, especially in the reaction.

I have often been surprised at what provokes people.

Grant used to make people very angry (at least they expressed themselves in a way that seemed to show significant emotion) and I could never see why that was so.

I don't know why the Lodemeister would particularly bother anyone. He isn't belligerent and he doesn't go in for name calling or invective. He isn't down on the philosophy of other's so much as he is up on his own big picture view of the universe.

His posts are often too long for me to finish, but that isn't all that disturbing.

Oh well.
    ... when I ducked instantly ...

lode your skill at ducking punches seems to be honed to a high degree

as they say practice makes perfect

maybe now that you have perfected the art of ducking the punches you might want to consider also finding ways to avoid causing people to get the urge to punch you
    Posted By: enginerd
    I don't know why the Lodemeister would particularly bother anyone. He isn't belligerent and he doesn't go in for name calling or invective. He isn't down on the philosophy of other's so much as he is up on his own big picture view of the universe.

Basically what irks me so much is that conversation is entirely impossible, as everything he says is always right and any point given to the contrary is always proof that he's right anway. He is 100% convinced that he knows me better than myself, and no matter how much I object to this (he does not know me) he just keeps coming back trying to get me to accept that he's right about my not knowing myself, while HE does.

I'm sorry, but he's a schizophrenic fucktard with a delusion of philosophical grandeur.

He is not my messiah or my savior.
    lode doesn t make me angry either
    at least not by the drivel he posts here
    maybe it would be different if we met in person but i don t know that either way

however it does appear that he provokes that reaction in people seeing how well practiced he is in avoiding punches
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: DrakkenmenschLodewijk... here's something you were probably never told when you needed to learn this valuable lesson:

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

What gives you the right to behave like such a screaming uneducated badmouthed dictator?
    (Not that I think for a second you really are that. It's just a camouflage.)

Posted By: blueletter
    Posted By: LodewijkThe last time someone tried to do that he busted his fist full force against a car wind-shield when I ducked instantly. It stopped him cold.

Mr. Lodeyagi - skip to 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbyQgjM7C4

I got this message from that link:
    "Deze video bevat inhoud van Sony Pictures Movies & Shows, die deze wegens auteursrechtschending heeft geblokkeerd voor je land."

It's about Sony having blocked the content for my country due to copy right infringement.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Okay. Perhaps he's all the things you say, so what? Why do you care? That's what I don't get. The Lodester makes my smile (except when he has bogged down and become to boring to read, and then he makes me yawn and move on to the next post).

Conversation is impossible with the television, but the television does not generally irk because of it, and if it does irk, then you change channels or go log on to some forum.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Enginerd,

Exactly. Nice to see sense here. Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorblueletter

Posted By: Lodewijk...deze wegens auteursrechtschending heeft geblokkeerd voor je land.

How about this one? Better dialog here anyway.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yjl9_karate-kid-2-dub-part-1_fun