Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSPECTRE
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010

Posted this before, but it's really worth posting again as the simple truth; Bas FTW!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_uumIQ1uk
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: SPECTREPosted this before, but it's really worth posting again as the simple truth; Bas FTW!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_uumIQ1uk
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010 edited

Alse,
    the impression I get is that your Taos story symbolizes the clash between our original Self and our human self. By coming into this world the human self-consciousness is build, and this obliterates our "indigenous" Self-awareness. Of course in the Americas the Indians are the original inhabitants, and the white people the occupying ones who mostly obliterated the original culture. This is a projected version onto the collective 3D screen plus time of a subconscious memory of what it means for us to come into this world.

This is the message I heard at the end of one of my experiences a long time ago in the US just before I went to live in Mexico:
    "Were you now are there once lived a well known fisherman-hunter. He came down from the mountain to defend his people and he knew that he was going sacrifice himself. You came as an European adventurer and confronted him. In the battle that ensued you killed him. But you did so heroically.
    Because in reality he and you are one, now you have the opportunity to sacrifice yourself for him, and the instant that you do so change the consciousness you had the moment you killed him for the one he had the moment of dying. But because the killing was not physical, it is about a purely spiritual sacrifice."

I interpret this "defending his people" as meaning like a lawyer who defends his innocent kin -our original Self individuations- against the accusations of occupier, the latter being our outer egos.

Your interesting story reminds me of this. And also that the "sacrifice" of my outer ego -the one that "killed" me- to have its consciousness exchanged for the living one I had before coming here, is not complete yet.

And please guys, just see this as referring to your situation as well. Or otherwise as just a fantasy story -entertainment- but nothing to get all upset about.

Otherwise, beware: I am a fisherman of man, even worse: a soul hunter! :D
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: novaYears ago a friend of mine, a Taos Pueblo Indian told me this strange tale of an event in Taos, New Mexico. He said, he and a friend were minding their own business when this stranger charged like a football defensive lineman and bounced off his shoulder. Totally confused my friend continued on his way to ponder the strange event.

heh, very good
    Posted By: LodewijkOtherwise, beware: I am a fisherman of man, even worse: DELUSIONAL :D

Fixed it for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I am a fisherman of man
    The fish you seek are long dead and your prose smells correspondingly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Opinion is divided on the quality of Lodewijk's prose. Lodewijk thinks he's a genius. Everyone else thinks he's batshit crazy.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: DerrickAOpinion is divided on the quality of Lodewijk's prose. Lodewijk thinks he's a genius. Everyone else thinks he's batshit crazy.

"Opinion is divided" and "Everyone" sounds like a contradiction to me. But such is our outer ego. ; )

Lodewijk thinks that -beyond their appearance as outer ego- as the inner Ego everyone is a genius. Even you.

Utilize your innate sense of humour when tongue in cheek I warned that I am a fisherman of man and a soul hunter.
    • CommentAuthornova

""Opinion is divided" and "Everyone" sounds like a contradiction to me. But such is our outer ego. ; )"

Is not a contradiction. I'll explain. Opinion is divided, YOU think you're a genius and EVERYONE else thinks you're batshit crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

@Don Lode:
    Well, if you catch any, I have a great recipe for hellfire-broasted filet of soul with a peppercorn sauce, complimented by an arugula and carrot Julienne with a drizzle of my special tangerine vinaigrette.
    Posted By: Lodewijk
    Utilize your innate sense of humour when tongue in cheek I warned that I am a fisherman of man and a soul hunter.

That's usually what most stalkers say when people other than their prey hear them talking about "I know your mind" and "I can see your heart" and they panic that they might be getting caught before catching their prize.
    • CommentAuthorDirtfarmer

You guys still read that stuff? .....(Seriously!).
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: nova""Opinion is divided" and "Everyone" sounds like a contradiction to me. But such is our outer ego. ; )"

Is not a contradiction. I'll explain. Opinion is divided, YOU think you're a genius and EVERYONE else thinks you're batshit crazy.

Luckily for me I know a lot of people who don't think I am crazy at all. And even it the whole world would think I was crazy, as long as I know better I am perfectly fine.

Posted By: alsetalokin@Don Lode:
    Well, if you catch any, I have a great recipe for hellfire-broasted filet of soul with a peppercorn sauce, complimented by an arugula and carrot Julienne with a drizzle of my special tangerine vinaigrette.

Thank you, Don Alse, I very much appreciate your intent. But I meant to pull souls out of the illusion they are under and the brainwashing they received since childhood about who they are. How many of us were told: "You are in reality a perfectly good being" instead of "You are no good, you must do better" etc.? And this is putting the criticism we received from our parents, family, other children, teachers, strangers, and often even friends, mildly.
    No, seriously. You can lead a soul to wisdom, but you can't make one think. (Horse:water:drink::soul:wisdom:think)
    It may be possible to understand what Don Lode is saying by turning the Metaphoric Deformation filter knob way up, and reducing the gain by about 20 dB.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

I did not mean it metaphorically when I said that all of us have often been told from childhood on that we had no reason to be perfectly happy with ourselves in all respects without exception. And again, that is putting it mildly. I have seen many kids being humiliated, punished, some even terrorized, by their parents. Told that it would have been better if they were never born etc. and made to really feel that way.

I am not saying that all of us here underwent such an extreme hell, but no one escapes at least some criticism that tells them they are no good in this or that aspect. That is what I would like to to see our souls escape from, and that is why I give a different view on things.
    Posted By: LodewijkI did not mean it metaphorically when I said that all of us have been told from childhood on that we had no reason to be perfectly happy with ourselves. And again, that is putting it mildly. I have seen many kids being humiliated, punished, some even terrorized, by their parents. Told that it would have been better if they were never born etc. and made to really feel that way.

I am not saying that everyone here underwent such hell, but no one escapes at least some criticism that tells them they are no good in this or that aspect.

Are you insulting my PARENTS now?

That's a new low for you.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010 edited

"Are you insulting my PARENTS now?"

No, not at all. Ask you parents if their parents told them they were perfectly good in all respects. And did you parents tell you that you were?
    This is the chain reaction that needs to be stopped to create a more happy world.

Like the Buddha said: "Ignorance is the cause of all suffering."
    And he was obviously referring to not knowing our true nature.
    • CommentAuthorDirtfarmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

Alright , to elaborate..
    I enjoyed Lodewijk stuff, a bit, at first. Being a believer that we are spirit and body.
    HOWEVER, my interest wanes when the same message, is reitereted , again and again, , ...once more, Theosis? I am a believer in the metaphysical reality of it, (to a point, -is that too middle of the road? probably for satisfaction,) but I can't even read his stuff putting it forth sanctimoniously , again an again, I literally just skip his posts, because I know (BELIEVE) there is no more to learn.
    One trick pony, of which I am painfully aware.
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer
    Posted By: Dirtfarmer
    HOWEVER, my interest wanes when the same message, is reitereted , again and again, , ...once more, Theosis? I am a believer in the metaphysical reality of it, (to a point, -is that too middle of the road? probably for satisfaction,) but I can't even read his stuff putting it forth sanctimoniously , again an again, I literally just skip his posts, because I know (BELIEVE) there is no more to learn.

This is a classic trick of cult leaders. Repeat the same message over and over, while hammering in the recruit's mind that his life is not as he thinks it is, and that he's wrong about everything. Rebuild at will once he's a quivering wreck.
    • CommentAuthorzackson
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

Lode is the Not the Steorn Forum Shaman. Open for Consultation! Like it or not!