Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009

For those of you no longer visiting, Crank posted this "Over There" in response to CWatters:

CommentAuthorCWatters
    The biggest puzzle about all this is the investors. Hard to imagine they haven't kicked up a fuss and demanded more progress. I can only think they are in it for other reasons than to make money.

CommentAuthorcrank
    I've met one, quite recently. He said "You don't believe they have anything, do you?" and seemed very amused.

In response to the obvious query, Crank posted this:

@ Duracell - I interpreted it as amusement at my disbelief. He seemed like a calm, rational, considered person, not a nutcase. He certainly didn't look worried.

Food for thought, what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam

And based on what Crank thought might have been implied by the smile of an investor, 007 responded with:

That says it all. An investor who thinks it's funny that no-one believes. Now that is supreme confidence that only someone who has SEEN proof would say.

That also proves that what I've been saying all along about the investors being happy is absolutely on the mark. It also shows everyone that joshs, Mary and all the other idiots were talking out of their rear.
    Posted By: NoSideSamAnd based on what Crank thought might have been implied by the smile of an investor, 007 responded with:

That says it all. An investor who thinks it's funny that no-one believes. Now that is supreme confidence that only someone who has SEEN proof would say.

That also proves that what I've been saying all along about the investors being happy is absolutely on the mark. It also shows everyone that joshs, Mary and all the other idiots were talking out of their rear.
    Which is hilarious coming from him--someone with supreme confidence who has seen nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Ooops! I nearly made a post thinking I was on the other forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Investor without supreme confidence do not invest or withdraw (or try to withdraw) their investment. Supreme confidence in an investor means NOTHING about the validity of the investment.

I am pretty sure a lot of investor in scam are still supremly confident (example 007 having invested in some scam IIRC) or even look at the people which trusted Madoff.

IOW : this means nothing.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Crank has never revealed the extent of her connections to Steorn - how is she just running into investors and knowing who they are?

She has also hinted at numerous visits to the Steorn offices.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: BigOilRepCrank has never revealed the extent of her connections to Steorn - how is she just running into investors and knowing who they are?

She has also hinted at numerous visits to the Steorn offices.

*shrug* does it matter ? Up to now, there was nothing Crank said which would have had any impact whatsoever to a skeptic.

Believer probably lap that up like honey and mana mixed.
    Yes she has.

I think what you mean to imply is "I think Crank has a connection with Steorn she isn't telling us about".
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: timetrumpetYes she has.

I think what you mean to imply is "I think Crank has a connection with Steorn she isn't telling us about".

Well, of course that's what I was implying.
    Crank makes a comment which, although only subjective hearsay, doesn't fit neatly into "the investors are too scared or embarrassed to come out of the woodwork". As a consequence she has undisclosed links? FFS.
    @quanten

You're right, it means nothing. And it would mean nothing if she'd said "I ran into an investor and he had a haunted look and dark circles under his eyes."
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited

Yes, there's a number of questions that we'll most likely never know the answer to-like where The Investor got the "I'm a Steorn Investor" T Shirt and how he knew how to find Crank's place.

Maybe Crank's been commissioned to do Sean's bust.

Ed:Sp
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: timetrumpetCrank makes a comment which, although only subjective hearsay, doesn't fit neatly into "the investors are too scared or embarrassed to come out of the woodwork". As a consequence she has undisclosed links? FFS.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

My point is that she knows investors and is somehow in a position to meet them.

She also clearly had connections with Steorn before the whole debacle started.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Precisely.

I think she's Sean's mum.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: loremanPrecisely.

I think she's Sean's mum.

Yeah, but did you know that Sean's mum married Sean's brother..or something...
    I agree it means nothing. Someone who invested a large amount of money in a company claiming to violate C of E believes something. Yawn. Anyone who required proof to believe something would not be the type to invest in the impossible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

The only way you could know it's impossible is divine revelation.
    Bit tricky since you don't believe in such things,
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited

Posted By: GrimerThe only way you could know it's impossible is divine revelation.
    Bit tricky since you don't believe in such things,

As discussed on the other forum Steorn are claiming to violate CoE.

They are not claiming to be "appearing" to violate CoE, for example by tapping into some unidentified and previously undiscovered source of energy, which when identified and properly understood, will comply with CoE.

This means that Steorn are claiming to be able to create energy (and therefore more universe) from nothing.

This is impossible.

Unless of course you believe in the divine, and believe that Steon possess divine abilities!
    •  
      CommentAuthorthebadger

Posted By: DuracellUnless of course you believe in the divine, and believe that Steon possess divine abilities!

Maybe that would explain Grant's interest. Sean = Jesus?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: thebadger
    Posted By: DuracellUnless of course you believe in the divine, and believe that Steon possess divine abilities!

Maybe that would explain Grant's interest. Sean = Jesus?

007 and Babcat seem to think so ...