Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010

Well Guys,
    It has been fun, and I have enjoyed conversation with and observation of an intelligent and educated group of charming individuals, (and the odd couple of raving fuckwits also) , however my purpose here was to follow the demise of Steorn, and as the last vaguely Steorn related thread has slipped to page 3 I know it is time to move on and dedicate my forum time back to other pursuits.
    Thank you Pc and everyone else for making me feel at home, and should Steorn ever enter my Consciousness again I may be back, but I now feel that they are more likely to fade away into quiet bankruptcy than go out with any form of bang so its doubtful.

Have a nice day yawl!!

Loonyman.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

Take care Loonyman.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Been great knowing you, Loonyman. Hope this isn't the last we've heard from you.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

We'll meet again ...
    That's about it for me as well Loonyman.
    Cheers to pcstru for all the fun. One thing: did you ever get that 87mb file I sent you? If I can do anything for you again, let me know.

Regards
    Cliff.
    I'm confused(no surprizes there), where are folk going?, a forum is just pages of text on the internet, it's not like leaving one country and going to another, you click a link and open a page, currently have 30 tabs open on firefox, all on various subjects, several of them are forums, though I admit the games forums can be a chore to read with the apparant 10 year old hero wannabes, I digress, where do folk go when they officially announce they are leaving a forum?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: SearchingHighAndLowThat's about it for me as well Loonyman.
    Cheers to pcstru for all the fun. One thing: did you ever get that 87mb file I sent you?

The archive - yes, thanks.

Cheers then Loonyman and Cliff - have fun on your journey.
    I worry more about where they go when they just disappear without saying goodbye. Did they cross over to the Dark Side? Get a day job? The wife found out? ISP went teats-up? Or perhaps they simply croaked, and the executors have liquidated everything valuable to pay the estate's debt?
    • CommentAuthorMileHigh
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited

Well most of the die-hard believers have seemingly left the building. We are approaching one-half year since the last Steorn "big splash." So it looks like the "going out with a whimper" scenario.

I wonder what the Searl gang is up to? Those boys have been stalling for decades. Does the YT user "BeamshipCaptain" mean anything to anybody?

Now if you merge Orbo technology with the Searl Effect Generator, and throw in some extra coils, hey you never know! lol

Go forth and be loony Loonyman.

MileHigh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Sorry my friends, but the Steorn saga is by no means over.. they've written another chapter, and it's about to be read.

Soon, now.
    • CommentAuthorMileHigh
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited

Legendre:

All I can say is "Bring it on!" lol

If Sean and his two sons would leave Ireland within 24 hours then hostilities will cease.

MileHigh
    Well, I hope it is "soon", because their tactic of "skeptic washout" (cf. placebo washout) is starting to work.

The only reason I still have Orbette 2.0 set up is to use it as a demonstration system, an example of how to test, and how not to test, supposed "overunity" devices for an upcoming set of seminars. With its multiple red herrings, it will provide hours of fascinating hypnotic entertainment and many wiggly colored lines to fascinate the terrestrial, snake-fearing primates.
    I'm running it with two small "Jxx" material toroids that we made in house; these may even have been asymmetrically anisotropically magnetically externally biased during casting and firing, who knows, the notes are lost. But they work really really well; given 1.2 volts input, around 200 mA average to the switch, these coils drive the rotor on its cheapo helicopter bearings to 1200+ rpm and generate a back spike of nearly 200 volts. No wonder the poor sillyscopes get confused, since this is such a wide dynamic range.

(BTW I managed to get my paws on a Tek HV differential voltage probe like Steorn have used; it's helpful in showing that their claims are accounting fictions.)

Regardless of that, Steorn is a step behind Rosemary Ains-lie. She is hobknobbing with academic faculty at luncheon, who are all on board to begin researching her COP>17 mosfet heater/battery recharger, with lab space allocated and graduate student slaves and everything. It seems that the South African academic institutions are more...er...willing to listen to alternative ideas....than are any of the Irish, British, European or American universities that Steorn approached for research help and vetting.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So I'll refresh my beverage instead, and hope for clear sky tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinIt seems that the South African academic institutions are more...er...willing to listen to alternative ideas....than are any of the Irish, British, European or American universities that Steorn approached for research help and vetting.

Which ones? They have an interesting system of grant funding there, whereby it is the researcher, not the project, that qualifies, and funding is multi year. (Unless that's been changed recently). It can be that if your out in that system, you're really out and need money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: legendreSorry my friends, but the Steorn saga is by no means over.. they've written another chapter, and it's about to be read.

Soon, now.

Soon. Just before January you were saying it would all be over in a few weeks - one way or another ...
    • CommentAuthortinker

Amazing isn't it? Suffice it to say that obituaries would be very premature. Orbo is the gift that keeps on giving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: tinkerAmazing isn't it? Suffice it to say that obituaries would be very premature. Orbo is the gift that keeps on giving.

Some might say it is the gift that keeps on taking.
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: tinkerAmazing isn't it? Suffice it to say that obituaries would be very premature. Orbo is the gift that keeps on giving.

Some might say it is the gift that keeps on taking.

Hey!, it's a gift to Sean and co.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Oh yes and you were going to be presenting your own Orbo show round about April time. As you say, amazing. It must be running on promises it burns them up so fast.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: legendreSorry my friends, but the Steorn saga is by no means over.. they've written another chapter, and it's about to be read.

Soon, now.
    Yah, suuure, I am sure there is yet another new era of openness to come where they will promise to produce verifiable information backing their bull shit claims of OU for the ssOrbomination.
    Tinker is correct, the obituary is premature...so long as there are folk like him.