Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorGuru
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010

Yeah Folks,

this week was sent kits of last version of ssORBO to SKDBfull members.

This is not clear when they will be allowed to publish test data.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Not being in the club, can I ask if it's just coils or does it contain all the supporting drive circuits needed to make it "work"?
    I haven't seen anybody mention the circuit board version of the Orbo that Sean wrote about in the SKDB lite.
    From Sean himself:
    our development lads have now gone one better, they built a 'prover' system as its called that just a single circuit board

Sounds like they have yet ANOTHER version of the Norbo
    • CommentAuthorGuru
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010 edited

Posted By: cwattersNot being in the club, can I ask if it's just coils or does it contain all the supporting drive circuits needed to make it "work"?

Sorry, this last ssORBOs are at route via EMS/Post Service and I am not SKDBfull member.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Posted By: crwcomposerI haven't seen anybody mention the circuit board version of the Orbo that Sean wrote about in the SKDB lite.
    From Sean himself:
    our development lads have now gone one better, they built a 'prover' system as its called that just a single circuit board

Sounds like they have yet ANOTHER version of the Norbo

Maybe Yes, maybe no,

note about "circuit board" are maybe note about "drive (control) board" to the toroids and solenoids etc. etc.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

ssOrbo sounds right up your street, eh, Guru?
    • CommentAuthornova

Is a battery included?
    SsOrbo plugs directly into the mains.
    Posted By: GuruYeah Folks,

this week was sent kits of last version of ssORBO to SKDBfull members.

This is not clear when they will be allowed to publish test data.

My guess is "when Duke Nukem Forever is released."
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Posted By: BigOilRepssOrbo sounds right up your street, eh, Guru?

Nazis killed 320.000 folks in our country, so Your provocation here is nonsense.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Guru is a flaming nutball. Why would one believe anything he foams forth?
    Posted By: maryyugoGuru is a flaming nutball. Why would one believe anything he foams forth?

He is just one of the many screwballs that seem to hover around the aura of free energy: Eman8, Omnibus, Paul Lawrence, Gaby de Wilde, Lodjwik, MyLow, Sterling Allen, Archer Quinn, etc. You couldn't make one Carl Sagan out of the lot of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: maryyugoGuru is a flaming nutball. Why would one believe anything he foams forth?

He is just one of the many screwballs that seem to hover around the aura of free energy: Eman8, Omnibus, Paul Lawrence, Gaby de Wilde, Lodjwik, MyLow, Sterling Allen, Archer Quinn, etc. You couldn't make one Carl Sagan out of the lot of them.

I remember arguing with GrantHodges (one you missed) about The late Great Carl S.
    His opinion was that Dr Sagen appeared stoned all the time, therefore all his work was worthless......
    There really are far too many screwballs in this world.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Marisska,

Your menopause is raging ?
    Posted By: LoonymanHis opinion was that Dr Sagen appeared stoned all the time,

He probably was. But I remember the line by W.C. Fields in "It's a Gift" where he tells a real estate broker that he's crazy and they guy says to Fields, "you're drunk." Fields replied, "I may be drunk but I will be sober tomorrow. You on the other hand will be crazy for the rest of your life."

Winston Churchill made the same joke once and I always wondered who came up with it first.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Indeed he did- it was a crack at Bessie Braddock MP (labour, Liverpool?) in the early post-war years.

BB. Prime Minister, you are Drunk.
    WC. And you Madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.

As best I remeber it....Tinker
    Posted By: tinkerIndeed he did- it was a crack at Bessie Braddock MP (labour, Liverpool?) in the early post-war years.

Then he got it from Fields as "It's a Gift" was done in 1934. Not that Winston was much of a plagiarizer as he had a wealth of bon mots of his own. I would have loved to seen a meeting between Churchill, Fields and Dorothy Parker at the Algonquin Club.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: LoonymanHis opinion was that Dr Sagen appeared stoned all the time,

He probably was. But I remember the line by W.C. Fields in "It's a Gift" where he tells a real estate broker that he's crazy and they guy says to Fields, "you're drunk." Fields replied, "I may be drunk but I will be sober tomorrow. You on the other hand will be crazy for the rest of your life."

Winston Churchill made the same joke once and I always wondered who came up with it first.

Exactly, I spent large tracts of my youth stoned... it makes my opinion no less valid, and if I recall correctly, (It is a little vague!) I had some of my best ideas, and did some of my best graphical work whilst "substantially refreshed"!!!
    • CommentAuthortinker

It would have to have been before the 50's. Winston's brain was pretty much toast by then, sadly. A light that burned too bright, perhaps. Fuelled by Brandy.
    I used to know his doctor's (Lord Moran) assistant and he told me that by then WC was having trouble remebering the names of people he had known as close friends for 50 years...

Tinker
    Posted By: tinkerFuelled by Brandy.

Then he had more than one thing in common with Fields. Fields was a known tippler and used to bring a thermos of spirits to work and told everyone it was orange juice. One day the crew poured out the booze and put in orange juice. Later when he took a sip he spit it out and cried, "who put orange juice in my orange juice?"