Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: spinner
    Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: spinnerSo, why is this charade still going on?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ah, yes, Dollar is currently ahead of an Euro...
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    What d'ya think, are the "investors" guys more like an € or a $ types?

Well, considering they will lose their shirts I don't think it will make much difference.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

Posted By: spinnerWrong again.
    The scope traces produced by Steorn clearly show BEMF; the BEMF is low, as is the torque, because of the
    exceedingly poor magnetic coupling;

Amen.
    ...the energy recoverable from the "induction gain" is exactly equal to or less than the total energy required to "charge" the inductor in the first place.

Amen.

The "Evidence" was indeed garbage, and EVERY person professionally trained in electronic measurements who saw those videos agrees with me, not with you.

Amen.

So, why is this charade still going on?
    ???
    Which charade are you referring to? A few FW's: Crastney, Tinky, Craigy, Babsy still come by from time to time to tell us how beautiful the plumage is on the long dead Orbomination. You'll have to ask them why they still insist on promoting ridiculous disproven crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: spinnerWhat d'ya think, are the "investors" guys more like an € or a $ types?

If they find out what they have invested in, they are going to be %&§$@#!!! types.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

That was sort of interesting, like a retrospective, or a rerun. You see a few things a little differently than the first time through (especially in a nice summary like this one).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010

Posted By: spinnerAh, yes, Dollar is currently ahead of an Euro...

?? Not on the exchanges I can see. Let's talk - we could make a lot of money.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Posted By: PlentywattsSo what would happen in your point of view if you could take the back EMF out of a dc motor?

You can try it... When you first apply a voltage to a DC motor the BEMF is zero because it's not turning. Then as the motor accelerates the BEMF increases. I suggest you work out what limits the current when the BEMF is zero or very small.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Resistance. But the start current can be huge - hence lots of big old (pre electronic control) industrial machines (ball mills, gang saws etc) being fitted with panel meters so you could monitor the AC start current. I've seen gang-saws briefly pulling 400A at start-up. Tinker
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Babcat has long put complete faith in Steorn Physics: an Adventure in Misedutainment. The suggestion on Island Whackado is that BEMF is a loss mechanism, rather than simply a measure of the number of flux linkages per applied Ampere changing per second with the motion of the motor. The inhabitants of Island Whackado don't seem to appreciate that BEMF is no more a loss mechanism than reaction force from an accelerating mass is.

Island Whackado residents don't seem to understand that because the BEMF is proportional to flux linkages, that BEMF is also directly proportional to the amount of torque obtained for each ampere of current. They don't get that to reduce BEMF is to identically require inversely more current for the same amount of torque. They don't get that increase in current means that the wire resistance must fall as an inverse square in order to keep the winding I^2*R losses from increasing.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: tinkerResistance. But the start current can be huge - hence lots of big old (pre electronic control) industrial machines (ball mills, gang saws etc) being fitted with panel meters so you could monitor the AC start current. I've seen gang-saws briefly pulling 400A at start-up. Tinker
    Tinky you are making cwatters' point. Without protection circuits, a stalled induction motor burns up without ever doing any work.
    • CommentAuthortinker

its just the facts, joshs...not making anybody's point -even my own.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010 edited

tinky the facts that you bring up work against any claim of Steorn's to free energy. You keep telling us that Steorn's machine "works". So, when you say "works" you must mean what everyone else has long known: The eOrbomination operates as a very low efficiency motor.
    • CommentAuthortinker

If you say so josh. You are the master and I only wish to make you happy. T
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: tinkerIf you say so josh. You are the master and I only wish to make you happy. T
    He is the master. Master speaks: He is your mind. He does your thinking for you.

ETA: That hat he's wearing looks somewhat familiar. Could it be he also sells magnetic chicken rotisseries from offices in Dublin?
    Posted By: joshsCrastney, Tinky, Craigy, Babsy still come by from time to time to tell us how beautiful the plumage is on the long dead Orbomination. You'll have to ask them why they still insist on promoting ridiculous disproven crap.

It's not dead, it's pining for the fjords!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

It's pining for fully charged batteries.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They should spruce it up, alright.
    Not the Dollar, not the Euro, not the Pound Sterling....try the Riyal, the Dirham, or one or another flavor of Dinar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2010

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: tinkerIf you say so josh. You are the master and I only wish to make you happy. T
    He is the master. Master speaks: He is your mind. He does your thinking for you.

ETA: That hat he's wearing looks somewhat familiar. Could it be he also sells magnetic chicken rotisseries from offices in Dublin?

Yes, Steorn's world famous magnetic chicken rotisseries are still being sold.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I love that photo.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

And for comparison the other picture: