Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcwatters
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010

Posted By: Guru
    snip
    Steorn not sell kits because of possibility of class actions etc. (official PR version is: Steorn is IP company,
    not producent of hardware)

So kits are produced by group of SKDBers. Eventually class actions may be directed at they, not at Steorn

Good point. the moment they claim to sell an OU machine they are on the hook.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Exactly
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: NewsEditor
    Posted By: bloodymedia
    Posted By: enginerdI am waiting for the arc of the orbette story to complete so that I can have a dramatic orbonic finish.

I hate a story that just fizzles away and ebbs out.
    I'd like to see the scammer gang in jail. But unfortunately they are not as dumb as Brady.

What scam would that be asshole? The scam that doesn't exist because it's a figment of your wild imagination? Shit for brains.
    LOL! Craigy don't ever change!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: cwatters
    Posted By: Guru
    snip
    Steorn not sell kits because of possibility of class actions etc. (official PR version is: Steorn is IP company,
    not producent of hardware)

So kits are produced by group of SKDBers. Eventually class actions may be directed at they, not at Steorn

Good point. the moment they claim to sell an OU machine they are on the hook.
    They claim to have OU, and they advertise that joining the Kult Klub is the way to get that technology. If some disgruntled Kult Klubber wanted to make a stink, Steorn would likely get at least a cease and desist. The miniscule money they get from Kult Klubbers is unlikely enough to get any prosecutor interested enough to pursue them very hard.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Agreed joshs. Not worth it. Anyway class actions are not possible in Ireland.

In 2005 the (Eire) Law Reform Commission (LRC 76-2005) recommended the following:

2. The Commission recommends that a formal procedural structure to be set out in Rules of Court be introduced to deal with instances of multi-party litigation.

3. The Commission recommends that reform of current procedures to deal with multi-party litigation should be based on the following principles: procedural fairness for the plaintiff and defendant; procedural efficiency; and access to justice.

4. The Commission recommends that the proposed procedure for dealing with multi-part litigation shall be called a Multi-Party Action (MPA).

To date, nothing has happened.

A recommendation from the Law Reform Commission carries only moral or intellectual authority. In the absence of political leadership (or judicial muscle, which is the same thing), it is possible to ignore the work of the Commission.

A Multi-Party Action (MPA) would permit the taking of representative legal proceedings where large numbers of persons had suffered from, effectively, the one wrong. The class of wronged persons would be the beneficiaries of the judgment and the judgment would reflect the totality of the loss of the class.

Currently there is no procedure to achieve this result. This state of affairs is favourable to wrongdoers, especially corporate wrongdoers. To permit class actions is to admit that, often, individuals can have a reasonable prospect of justice against a modern corporation, or the state, only through the action of a collective.

It may be that to permit the introduction of class actions is in opposition to the zeitgeist in Ireland.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Relative immunity from prosecution and Guinness too; it's no wonder Sean keeps Dublin as his home.
    No no, don't sue them. Doubledim has always been right.
    Look, you put one volt-thingie in and get 1.2 volt-thingies out. That is clearly overunity, is it?

Note the "deep understanding of physics" mentioned by the author in the video.

http://globalfreeenergy.info/2010/05/05/my-solid-state-excess-energy-device-photos/
    Sure it is. Just like those high COP heat pumpers. Heck, TK's Orbette takes in 1.2 volt thingies and poots out nearly 175 of them into a capacitooter. Using the same principle of variable reluctance switching and high-permeability magic goo toroids to booooot. Although his toroids are custom made, they came from no store.

So it looks to me like all these clowns have a long way to go before they really have anything to write home to Mom about.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010

Posted By: alsetalokinNow now, let's not jjjummmp to any conclusions.

The non-overunityness of Orbette is only a conjecture after all. A solidly grounded one, for sure, but as far as I can tell, the main claim of Steorn, that All the input power goes as heat and the rotor is making energy from nothing, therefore there is a Net Energy Gain...this hypothesis has not yet been tested by TK and his little army of stuffed toy animal minions.

We'll just have to wait for the calorimetry for that question to be addressed. TK's calorimetry, that is; we already know when we'll see Steorn's calorimetry: when Ireland runs out of Guinness or Hell freezes over, whichever comes first. That is....Soon.
    Forgive me if you already answered this someplace else.

Are you planning on reproducing Steorn's calorimetry data as well as a full/proper calorimetry test? Is it even possible, or would you have to "break" the colorimeter to do their test?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010

Posted By: korkskrew
    Posted By: alsetalokinNow now, let's not jjjummmp to any conclusions.

The non-overunityness of Orbette is only a conjecture after all. A solidly grounded one, for sure, but as far as I can tell, the main claim of Steorn, that All the input power goes as heat and the rotor is making energy from nothing, therefore there is a Net Energy Gain...this hypothesis has not yet been tested by TK and his little army of stuffed toy animal minions.

We'll just have to wait for the calorimetry for that question to be addressed. TK's calorimetry, that is; we already know when we'll see Steorn's calorimetry: when Ireland runs out of Guinness or Hell freezes over, whichever comes first. That is....Soon.
    Forgive me if you already answered this someplace else.

Are you planning on reproducing Steorn's calorimetry data as well as a full/proper calorimetry test? Is it even possible, or would you have to "break" the colorimeter to do their test?

I can reproduce Steorns "calorimetry data" for you.. and all I need is the back of a soggy beermat and 4 pints of Guinness!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010 edited

Reproducing anything more of Steorn's idiocy seems like a waste of perfectly good time and money. IMHO of course. The skeptics know that Steorn are crooks and scammers and the believers won't believe you anyway. I know that seems like a contradictions but "Believers" with a capital B tend to believe shit and reject facts. They will simply claim that you left out the Secret Sauce, The Guinness and the Magic Incantation. Go figger.
    Posted By: alsetalokincapacitooter
    My favourite word for this week. Thanks, Al.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010 edited

@kork: is it really necessary that I reproduce Steorn's bespoke calorimeter (sic) results (sic) ? What exactly did those results show, again? Please refresh my memory, I really can't remember except that they did NOT show what calorimetry is supposed to show, which is a heat balance or heat flow, with sufficient accuracy and precision to answer the Irish qvestion once and for all.
    What TK intends to do is to measure the power dissipated by the Orbette while running in the "steorn" non-physical integral mode, and compare that with the energy input from the device's power source, over a known time period. Both these parameters can be measured very accurately, and so one should be able to tell if Orbette is making that integral, somehow, without actually making energy.
    And, then, someone will just have to explain to me, again -- or actually for the first time, since nobody's done it yet, why Orbette is not an Orbo. And, if Orbette IS an Orbo, why it makes that integral without making energy. And....why Steorn's Orbo doesn't make energy either, despite making that integral.

@bloody: You're welcome. We keep ours right next to the resisticators.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVylasni
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010

@Al,

How soon before you have those results? I want to make sure I don't miss it. :)
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: alsetalokin@kork: is it really necessary that I reproduce Steorn's bespoke calorimeter (sic) results (sic) ?
    Of course not. I was just curious what TK's plans were. He did, after all, go to a lot of trouble to reproduce the "energy integral".
    @kork: It wasn't really that much trouble, and it kept him off the streets. Got to keep an eyeball on that boy, he's unstable. Brilliant, but unstable. Idle hands the Devil's tools, and all that. Plus it gave him the excuse to requisition a new differential voltage probe. How can he lose, wid da stuff he use?

@Vylasni: Dare I say it? This is supposed to be a Steorn replication after all. So the results will be coming...

Soon.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Given that eOrbo is so hard to prove (the output is mostly heat) it seems daft they abandoned PM Orbo (output mostly mechanical?)
    • CommentAuthorBarguast

As I recall, PM Orbo was so orbonic that the bearings melted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: cwattersGiven that eOrbo is so hard to prove (the output is mostly heat) it seems daft they abandoned PM Orbo (output mostly mechanical?)

Who said it was abandoned? And if you have the choice between mechanical or solid state then there really is no competition. Much easier to implement, measure and engineer something with no moving parts.
    • CommentAuthorBarguast

That's not true. A turning wheel, with no conventional energy source, and turning regardless wouldn't require as much measurement as something which requires a battery and predominantly produces heat.