Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2020

I’ll bet many of those outliers come from European stock introduced into the US gene pool relatively recently. If you give such people the right environment they will flourish. Perhaps the Chinese will start importing some.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2020

Or perhaps the outliers come from Chinese people who don't fit into the tight variance over there and come to America (my sense) for the elbow room.

AP may not like that thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Money has its own IQ.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: loremanaverage IQ of the Chinese population is significantly higher than that of the American population.

Whatever that means.

The USA imports like 80% of it's top talent anyway, so it's probably not relevant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2021

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2021 edited

Posted By: Angushttps://youtu.be/t-_VPRCtiUg

I got out three metronomes that I happen to have, set them side-by-side and let them run out-of-phase for a half hour.

They were still just as out-of-phase at the end of the half-hour.

Of course, they were electronic metronomes, each controlled by a crystal oscillator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2021 edited

Wrong coupling method. Fireflies walking across a bridge don't flash in unison either.
    It might just go if you commoned the battery power supply.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I suspect that tightly-coupled metronomes using the same oscillator reference won't change phase either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

On the other hand, maybe it's the six legs thing. Firefly batteries are a fairly low impedance source.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2021

Maybe set a board on some marbles, and put the metronomes on the board.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Um, I doubt that marbles or even a paint mixer would have much of an effect on an electronic metronome.

However, it reminds of this at 10:30.
    I enjoyed that very much. I don't know what people were laughing at. That piece must be incredibly difficult to perform, and I thought it was quite effective musically.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Oh, it's a stinker all right, but most of Schnittke is that way. I marvel at old Genady's conducting. The pianist, Viktoria Postnikova, was his wife (G passed in 2018).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Worthy of Gerald Hoffnung!
    Remarkable. Could not tear myself away.