Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010 edited

Source Physorg

Lets hope this makes it out of the laboratory.

New catalyst of platinum nanoparticles could lead to conk-out free, stable fuel cells
    Conk-out free? Is that a technical term? I am unfamiliar with fuel cell conkout parameters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010

Posted By: alsetalokinConk-out free? Is that a technical term? I am unfamiliar with fuel cell conkout parameters.

The "conkout" parameter is the inverse of the better-known "conkin" parameter, which is the ratio of the time the device functions to the time that it doesn't. So far the Steorn devices have a conkin parameter of zero and an infinite conkout parameter (both unitless).
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: alsetalokinConk-out free? Is that a technical term? I am unfamiliar with fuel cell conkout parameters.

The "conkout" parameter is the inverse of the better-known "conkin" parameter, which is the ratio of the time the device functions to the time that it doesn't. So far the Steorn devices have a conkin parameter of zero and an infinite conkout parameter (both unitless).
    Neither parameter should be confused with the knockedonskull coefficient that provides a general indication of the average number of concussions one must suffer in order to take Sean seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Wow, it 'could', eh?

Could.. could.. soooooon......
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

'Conk-out' is the phase just prior to 'stuffing it', but some time after 'going on the fritz'.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited

Steorn unit systems:

African pumps: 0 gallons per minutre
    Power density: 0 watts per cc
    Power: 0 watts
    Energy production: 0 BTU
    Milk production: 0 cow weeks
    veracity: 0 true statements/year
    CO2 production: 0 grams per BTU

Seems like zero is their number!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

You forget that:

No working free energy generator puts out more free energy than the Orbominations.
    No working free energy generator has a higher free power density than the Orbominations.
    No working free energy generator has a lower operating cost than the Orbominations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

So are you saying Sammy is deluded?
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Then there is the woosoon number. This is a unitless variable that represents for any claim, the ratio of the time since the last public announcement divided by the time since the very first public announcement.

The lowest woosoon number results the instant somebody like Bendini (with stuff that's been out there for a long time) finishes an announcement.

When steorn released their economist ad, they had a woosoon number that was essentially unity. The only way to achieve overunity woosoon is to travel back in time and pre-empt your original announcement. Some free energy inventors have claimed a woosoon numbers as high as 12.

Currently, the steorn woosoon number is something like 2/80 (.025), depending on how you classify an "announcement" and if I am remembering any of it correctly (you didn't expect me to look anything up I am sure).

A refinement known as the loowoosoon number is calculated by dividing the woosoon number by the total number of public announcements ever made for the technology. Only people with some mental disorder (I might include myself here) can be interested in any claim that maintains a low loowoosoon number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

So you think Sammy is deluded
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

And you think these people are deluded?

Physorg

New hydrogen storage material could be added directly to fuel tanks

One is a way to produce hydrogen from water and sunshine and the other a cheap way to store the hydrogen. Muppets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011 edited

Desorbed love that word.

Once the hydrogen is desorbed from a bead, the empty bead is stored in a separate lightweight plastic tank in the vehicle. When the vehicle needs to be refueled, the waste beads are removed from the vehicle and taken elsewhere to be rehydrided and recycled.

Up to five years not soon.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011

Sounds like a very complex fueling cycle.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

The best hydrogen delivery system I have seen is gasoline. There is more hydrogen in a gallon of gasoline, than in a gallon of liquid hydrogen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Weight for weight hydrogen is three times more energetic than petrol. Petrol is very hard to make biologically. The hydride still has a problem and that is the time it takes to absorb hydrogen so they are still researching better ones. They say soon.

This post from Physorg claims even better hydrogen from water and sunlight.

Catalyst could power homes on a bottle of water, produce hydrogen on-site
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

If the biodiesel from algae guys deliver on their claims the hydride people have nowhere to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: joshsIf the biodiesel from algae guys deliver on their claims the hydride people have nowhere to go.
    Yes. They will be left hy and dride!
    *ducks and runs*
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

ouch