Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011

Technology Review

Talking about jugs I mean jars.

Lithium-Ion Battery Keeps Its Cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The Leyden Jar rides again!
    •  
      CommentAuthormisterfish

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011

Technology Review

Only needs to be increased a hundred times.

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/37632/?p1=A3
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011 edited

Posted By: TrimSpectrum ieee

Microscopy Reveals Source of Extraordinary Nanomaterial's Capabilities

http://grapheneenergy.net/
    One can only hope this is not another EEStor, the words "Startup company" no longer inspire confidence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011 edited

New Scientist

300k range, charge up in minutes, 60% cheaper.

Black gold holds a charge for green cars

Cnet news

MIT flow battery breaks mold for cheap storage
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011

Interesting, but I would be very wary of standing next to a car where a battery is being recharged with 15kWh - 50kWh in one minute.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011 edited

Posted By: joshsInteresting, but I would be very wary of standing next to a car where a battery is being recharged with 15kWh - 50kWh in one minute.

Me too, but that is "just" an engineering issue. Think laptop batteries. You can snap them in and out in seconds, recharge them inside an explosionproof safe if you like. You can trade your empty 5-gallon propane cylinder for a full one at many filling stations around here, and the empties are refilled by people who know the risks and who can do it safely.

As I recall, when petroleum-fueled autos were becoming popular, people said much the same thing about pumping gallons and gallons of the most energy-dense liquid fuel around, with explosive vapors, into a cranky, accident-prone horseless carriage.

And before that, they were worried about the tons and tons of debris piling up from the "horsed" carriages too.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: joshsInteresting, but I would be very wary of standing next to a car where a battery is being recharged with 15kWh - 50kWh in one minute.

Me too, but that is "just" an engineering issue. Think laptop batteries. You can snap them in and out in seconds, recharge them inside an explosionproof safe if you like. You can trade your empty 5-gallon propane cylinder for a full one at many filling stations around here, and the empties are refilled by people who know the risks and who can do it safely.

As I recall, when petroleum-fueled autos were becoming popular, people said much the same thing about pumping gallons and gallons of the most energy-dense liquid fuel around, with explosive vapors, into a cranky, accident-prone horseless carriage.

And before that, they were worried about the tons and tons of debris piling up from the "horsed" carriages too.
    Gasoline is amazingly safe stuff for its energy density. If one pumps electricity 15kWh electricity into something in one minute, then at constant power which is optimistic that is 900kW. Even just 10% loss is 90kW waste heat in the wiring and batteries. That's enough to be very concerned about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

Posted By: joshs15kWh electricity into something in one minute
    15kWh/min here fixed that for you;)

Posted By: joshsThat's enough to be very concerned about
    not for Levi or rossi and co:D