Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorenginerd
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011

Interesting. So, at 90 meters is there really time to yell, be heard, and get a duck response?

That surprises me but my intuition often fails me.

I did some archery as a boy at scout camp, but haven't really seen much since (except I did watch a bit of summer olympic archery one year, I think I remember a bunch of Korean women taking medals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: enginerdI guess I was partly questioning why the custom had not manifested due to the possibility, and presumeably the advantage.

It was considered poor technique to shout warnings at people you were trying to kill.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Ahh, I considered the wrong advantage.
    40 meters is concidered an extreme range for bow hunting for two reasons first an error in range estimation of 5 meters will cause a perfect shot to miss the kill zone and second at that range the animal will hear the bow string and again can move far enough to cause a miss.
    hunting arrows are heavier than target arrows and thus slower but not that much slower
    My bow shoots target arrows at about 250 FPS 10 ft from the bow time to target at 90 M is about 1.5 seconds
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011

Anyone do archery golf?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: maryyugoAnyone do archery golf?

Field archery is sometimes set up something like golf.

And I shoot longbows Terry. To get an arrow 90 metres I'm aiming somewhere near the moon.
    Yep you would 5 plus second flight times
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2011

Some more info of the above from physics world.

Supercapacitor electrodes go for a dip
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

Posted By: TrimPhysorg

Revealing how a battery material works

An interesting read for once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012

No, Envia is a potential big jump. When you multiply the energy per cycle by cycles, they are still short of existing batteries.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012

Above

Bor Jang of Nanotek Instruments in Dayton, Ohio, who has worked on making supercapacitors from graphene, says that the concept described looks "very interesting" but that "more work will be needed to assess whether the approach could provide sufficient energy or power density for practical uses".

For its part, the Hong Kong team now plans to improve the power output of its graphene-based device and further investigate how it works.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

This quote is either a translation problem or the man is an idiot:

""The output of our device is also continuous and it works solely by harvesting the thermal energy of the surrounding copper-chloride ions, which, in theory, is limitless," says Xu. "
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I will translate it for you. You think the man is an idiot because he disagrees with you.
    I think you are an idiot because you disagree with him.