Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthormrflora

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Thanks mrflora nice find, still five years away though.

I wonder how much oxygen the battery will need in a day?

To get over the nitrogen problem it might be possible to drive with a cylinder of liquid oxygen, which you can either recharge at home or exchange at a garage.

I get conflicting data about the availability of lithium, whether it will be necessary to extract it from seawater?

Maybe their solvent discovery could help with the sodium oxygen battery?
    • CommentAuthortinker

Most Lithium comes from salt deposits in Chile - at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Trimof liquid oxygen, which you can either recharge at home or exchange at a garage.
    Because LOX is such a fun thing to play with and is, oh, so safe!
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012 edited

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: Trimof liquid oxygen, which you can either recharge at home or exchange at a garage.
    Because LOX is such a fun thing to play with and is, oh, so safe!

They could put the cylinder in the rear bumper, and call the vehicle a Pinto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It would be accurate if the cylinder was made in two halves bound together with sticky tape.

(I once owned a Pinto. Horrible little car.)
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora

I guess you wouldn't want a Flying Pinto:

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

A friend of mine told me she had painted her Pinto in Blue Angels colors and nicknamed it "The Flame".

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1971-1980-ford-pinto12.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012 edited

Posted By: maryyugoA friend of mine told me she had painted her Pinto in Blue Angels colors and nicknamed it "The Flame".

The Germans lost the war due to a Pinto, don'tcha know. They were driving their top military strategist to a secret bunker when...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT0J0rcJTLo
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012

Engineers are talking about fuel cells to power cars fuelled by liquid hydrogen, liquid oxygen should be safer than that especially as it is regularly transported by lorries to hospitals and factories.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Posted By: DerrickA
    Posted By: maryyugoA friend of mine told me she had painted her Pinto in Blue Angels colors and nicknamed it"The Flame".

The Germans lost the war due to a Pinto, don'tcha know. They were driving their top military strategist to a secret bunker when...

"Ting!"
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: maryyugoA friend of mine told me she had painted her Pinto in Blue Angels colors and nicknamed it"The Flame".

Thanks for the laugh of the day. :)
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012

Posted By: mrfloraI guess you wouldn't want a Flying Pinto:

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    That car was as I recall an AMC Gremlin.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I liked when the heroes got in the staff car a few minutes later and drove it off. "The Germans really know how to build cars!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: joshsI liked when the heroes got in the staff car a few minutes later and drove it off. "The Germans really know how to build cars!"

The dubbed in (stock) sound of tires squealing on pavement was also fun... considering the car was driving on grass.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: joshsI liked when the heroes got in the staff car a few minutes later and drove it off. "The Germans really know how to build cars!"

The dubbed in (stock) sound of tires squealing on pavement was also fun... considering the car was driving on grass.
    It was an all around fun movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2012 edited