Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I'm a huge fan of HHO
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI'm a huge fan of HHO

Specially when mixed with 40% of C2H5OH
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI'm a huge fan of HHO

I had a set of HHO trains as a kid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Which reminds me of my favorite band, Hall hand Oates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Hho hho hho!
    Posted By: SwissieWhich reminds me of my favorite band, Hall hand Oates.

Or Roger Daltrey and the Hho.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017 edited

This forum always gives a warm (as in hell) welcome to new folks.

But as you stay, it gets worse. You guys really don't want a new dog spreading his scent in your space.

Manolis, unless you're a masochist like me, run like hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017 edited

Posted By: goatcheezThis forum always gives a warm (as in hell) welcome to new folks.

But as you stay, it gets worse.
    Wow - High praise! Thanks.

Posted By: goatcheezYou guys really don't want a new dog spreading his scent in your space.
    Only bitches would want that ...

Posted By: giatcheezManolis, unless you're a masochist like me, run like hell.
    Running will only make it worse ...
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017

Posted By: AngusI'm trying to recall that story about Feynman and some explosive mixture that killed a student. Does anybody else remember that?

You may be thinking of this: http://hoaxes.org/comments/papparticle2.html
    Papp, Mills, Rossi. It's the same story all over again. Not all of them managed to kill people, Papp did.

Some say Papp arranged the explosion on purpose to prevent his hoax from being exposed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: AngusI'm trying to recall that story about Feynman and some explosive mixture that killed a student. Does anybody else remember that?

You may be thinking of this:http://hoaxes.org/comments/papparticle2.html

Thanks! That's it. I'll have to refresh my memory of what the differe ce is between HHO and Papp.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Papp's scam was the idiocy that "noble gases" harbor hidden energy that his kludge could extract this. Of course the mixture was secret and never revealed. Among his claims was that he powered a submarine with it and crossed the Atlantic in a few hours. I knew a physician who had treated him and apparently Papp was a paranoid schizophrenic. The incident he was treated for on that occasion was a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the arm. He said that he had been hunted down by a hit man in the desert (presumably to prevent him from saving the world with his engine) and that he had manager to escape.

HHO is the claim that the gas from electrolyzed water can be collected and has magical properties -- more energy out than in, "cold" flames that nonetheless can weld, greatly enhanced fuel economy when mixed with gasoline, and so on. In fact, it is a highly explosive mixture which has caused many injuries and fatalities.

For example, these folks made ashes out of themselves: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/11/local/la-me-explosion-20110811
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017 edited

Posted By: AngusHho hho hho!
    Six months too early for Santa's three Hos.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Well, that's the HHO thing sorted then, now, how about some magic magnetic motors? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Mmm!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

What if the HHO gas included atomic hydrogen a la Langmuir?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

So if you electrolyze hydroperoxyl, you get HOO?

HOO HOO HOO!

And of course, hydrogen peroxide gives us

HOHO...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017

And carbon dioxide makes you COO COO
    If you electrolyze 18 grams of water, what is the total volume of gas evolved, once it is returned to STP and dried of water vapour?