Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010 edited

Are you worried about where you might live in a post Rapture, Armageddon, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Volcanoes or legalized gay marriage era? Do you want to live in a community sheltered from gamma rays, blacks, or reason? Then Kansas' newest and most exciting planned development community is just for you. In a unique partnership with Island Whackado Realty International, Safe Area Inc is developing a 4800 dome home community conveniently located in Smith County, KS.

2012 Safe Area™ is the only area in the world providing protection from Gamma Rays, Earthquakes, Volcano Eruptions & Tsunamis for Members 24 hours a day, all year long.

Just $256 million dollars to be repaid with 7% interest bonds is needed to fund this community of the future. Why that's hardly $50,000. per luxurious 314 sq. ft. dome site built-out in durable compressed earth blocks. For just $1651. per year you can secure your membership that will provide you and your loved ones 24/7 site access, in case a massive tsunami crashes over the Rocky Mountains, or blacks move into your neighborhood. Join today!!!

http://2012safearea.com/

PS: The community will be powered by breakthrough technology from Safe Area Inc's energy partner.

Come on down for our open house. We'll have free hot dogs and balloons for the kids and aluminum foil deflector beanies for mom and dad.
    OOhhh, I want one.

I've got a great plan for a FoamDome (tm) blowmolded polyurethane domehome, that can even be dropped from an airplane on a remote site. An airplane with a big back door, I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010

Posted By: alsetalokinI've got a great plan for a FoamDome (tm) blowmolded polyurethane domehome, that can even be dropped from an airplane on a remote site.

Not as a constituent part of a thermonuclear weapon we trust. Or was that polystyrene?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

The nuke diagram showed polystyrene.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokinOOhhh, I want one.

I've got a great plan for a FoamDome (tm) blowmolded polyurethane domehome, that can even be dropped from an airplane on a remote site. An airplane with a big back door, I mean.
    Get a load of their power source.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

facepalm
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: joshsGet a load of their power source.

Oooops!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: joshsGet a load of their power source.

Oooops!
    I thought people here would enjoy that.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"Tell him Bob Barber sent you"

Yep, that'll get you instant service.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Classy website, I really like the "no margins" look. It's so now.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Bob's busy selling protective domes in Kansas from his office in New York.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: BigOilRepClassy website, I really like the "no margins" look. It's so now.
    the no margins are there to remind you that with solar flares, volcanoes, tsunamis, blacks in the neighborhood, gay marriage, etc, there is no margin. You must act now to secure your spot in the most secure location west of the Chuck E Cheese's in Lawrence Kansas.
    I'm already planning my own 2012-proof forcefield - it will be made of the same plastic that small electronics come sealed in at Best Buy, that stuff is freaking invulnerable.

On a related note, I just bought a usb key there, anyone got an acetylene blowtorch I can borrow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: DrakkenmenschI'm already planning my own 2012-proof forcefield - it will be made of the same plastic that small electronics come sealed in at Best Buy, that stuff is freaking invulnerable.

On a related note, I just bought a usb key there, anyone got an acetylene blowtorch I can borrow?

Do what I do, make customer service open it after you buy it. The girl at Future Shop is like a safe cracker.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Usually a pair of sharp scissors does the job for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2010

Posted By: DrakkenmenschI'm already planning my own 2012-proof forcefield - it will be made of the same plastic that small electronics come sealed in at Best Buy, that stuff is freaking invulnerable.

Oxy-acetylene just won't cut plastic that tough, but the National Ignition Facility, in California, has a 500 terawatt laser that just might get through.
    Wimp-assed terawatt lasers, phhhtt! I've heard tell that somebody's got a yottawatt diode array powered, omega atmosphere cooled motor with NO back EMF that'll smite that devilish Perspex cladding, just add 10Ah D-cells (not included). Your mileage may vary, void where prohibited by reality. Store in a cool, dark place.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

For years I worked for a company that sold polymer to a company that made sheets and pressed the "clam shells" that many small items are sold in. At a meeting with the customer they described a particular shell they were making with our product, and I joked "oh, the ones you need a chainsaw to open?" ... and they were not amused. Apparently it was a sensitive spot. My boss was not amused. They told me that done properly these excellent packaging products are safe and easy to open. I agreed and nodded and looked sincere.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Oh yeah. Easy to open as a fundamentalist virgin who doesn't even like you.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: enginerdFor years I worked for a company that sold polymer to a company that made sheets and pressed the "clam shells" that many small items are sold in. At a meeting with the customer they described a particular shell they were making with our product, and I joked "oh, the ones you need a chainsaw to open?" ... and they were not amused. Apparently it was a sensitive spot. My boss was not amused. They told me that done properly these excellent packaging products are safe and easy to open. I agreed and nodded and looked sincere.
    That's really odd, because the whole point of the high density packaging was to make it impossible to open without shredding the packaging as an anti-theft mechanism.