Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: enginerdFor years I worked for a company that sold polymer to a company that made sheets and pressed the "clam shells" that many small items are sold in. At a meeting with the customer they described a particular shell they were making with our product, and I joked "oh, the ones you need a chainsaw to open?" ... and they were not amused. Apparently it was a sensitive spot. My boss was not amused. They told me that done properly these excellent packaging products are safe and easy to open. I agreed and nodded and looked sincere.

Yeah, that's the usual corporate attitude, I agree.

Personally, I'd love to give those people one of those stasis-field locked items and smile as I ask them to please open this with just their hands and teeth.
    I just burst into tears.

Or not.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014

Pah, an excuse for the remaining Lawyers to charge even more.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2014

My take away from that is that everyone in heaven is nude. Sounds like more fun than I was led to believe.
    So long as enough engineers and scientists are left behind, everything will be peachy. Power, food and clean water all sorted, and no population problem anymore.

If, however, the planet is populated by screaming neurotic females and testerone-laden grunts with weapons and violent intent, it won't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2016

Come to the Wet Coast and join in our housing insanity
    • CommentAuthortinker

It's everywhere. A friend has just paid US $1M for a 1500 sq ft empty lot in central Tokyo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Good grief! Based on the lot dimensions that puts Vancouver residential lots within a few percent of land prices in central Tokyo!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: tinkerIt's everywhere.

Try somewhere like Detroit or Middlesbrough...lots of bargains to be had...
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: AngusGood grief! Based on the lot dimensions that puts Vancouver residential lots within a few percent of land prices in central Tokyo!

Why wouldn't they be? By some measures Vancouver is actually less affordable than Tokyo - it's now one of the most expensive cities in the world, joining the likes of London, New York, Sydney etc in the elite list known as the "How Much?!?" club
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2016 edited

That was my point. It's an object lesson in what happens when you lose control of your market. It is hollowing out the city because it is becoming a collection of uninhabited investments.