Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited

http://www.overunity.org.uk/profile.php?do=dst

"Sorry Site is still down.

I have been flat out on Steorn stuff behind the scenes along with the rest of the developers club and before the end of 2009 hopefully will be an exciting time for the FE/OU community.

We will be back soon..."
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: Grimerhttp://www.overunity.org.uk/profile.php?do=dst

I have been flat out on Steorn stuff behind the scenes along with the rest of the developers club and before the end of 2009 hopefully will be an exciting time for the FE/OU community.

We will be back soon..."

Coming from Clanzer, who strikes me as a hard-headed experimenter, the statement is worth a lot.

He is saying, in effect, that he is working his kiester off to build an Orbo, whether for the 20k, or just the satisfaction.

Another indication that Steorn has the goods and that Orbos will be spinning merrily in a few weeks.
    • CommentAuthornova
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009

Posted By: couldbe
    Posted By: Grimerhttp://www.overunity.org.uk/profile.php?do=dst

We will be back soon..."

Coming from Clanzer, who strikes me as a hard-headed experimenter, the statement is worth a lot.

He is saying, in effect, that he is working his kiester off to build an Orbo, whether for the 20k, or just the satisfaction.

Another indication that Steorn has the goods and that Orbos will be spinning merrily in a few weeks.

Not by any stretch of the immagination does this mean Steorn has the goods. It just shows how thinly spread bullshit soon becomes a big pile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

You might think that. On the other hand, with less than two months to go, he says "hopefully" - which might lead one to believe that Steorn are holding back the 'final' part of the puzzle and that perhaps (probably) there is no final part of the puzzle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Is that the same ClanZer that did build all kind of pyramid-like structures, to test if they have 'special' powers?
    He's the first person I would trust to repair my bike. Nuff said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: pcstru...with less than two months to go, he says "hopefully" - which might lead one to believe that Steorn are holding back the 'final' part of the puzzle and that perhaps (probably) there is no final part of the puzzle.

So Clanzer and others in the '300' are building Orbos, they think, but come January 1, 2010, the 'final' bit of information will still be missing.

How will they react? After all, those would-be Orbo builders are intelligent, practical men, not investors. Along with Steorn's non-demo of an OU device, which we can take for granted, these fellows are cheated out of the satisfaction of building their own Orbo.

Even if the investors, who are stupid, according to the wisdom here, mumble: 'sure Sean, whatever you say', It's not likely the builders among the '300' membership will take it quietly.

I can't see Steorn getting away with something like that, or being stupid enough to try.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: ping1400Is that the same ClanZer that did build all kind of pyramid-like structures, to test if they have 'special' powers?
    He's the first person I would trust to repair my bike. Nuff said.

He has said he likes to build things even if he doesn't believe they will work, because he likes to see them 'fail in interesting ways'.

Of course, in this case he does think it will work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Of course, in this case he does think it will work.

BBCode uses square brackets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

I can't see Steorn getting away with something like that, or being stupid enough to try.

No? The fact is they have done it before - there have been several groups of "replicators" set up - none of which have been supplied with enough information to complete the puzzle. So in your words, they are stupid enough to try (and they have learned that some of their audience will let them get away with it). Clanzer previously quit the SPDC because Steorn failed to deliver on just such a promise. I presume they are interacting at the moment but the word "hopefully" is indicative that critical pieces of the puzzle are still missing. No one has seen an orbo spinning and spinning and spinning on and on. I wonder why?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

So Clanzer and others in the '300' are building Orbos, they think, but come January 1, 2010, the 'final' bit of information will still be missing. How will they react?
    Sort of like the jury did? And I bet all the lowest common denominators of stupidity down there with Babcat and 007 will still make excuses for Steorn. If by that time there still *is* a Steorn.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Posted By: pcstru...with less than two months to go, he says "hopefully" - which might lead one to believe that Steorn are holding back the 'final' part of the puzzle and that perhaps (probably) there is no final part of the puzzle.

So Clanzer and others in the '300' are building Orbos, they think, but come January 1, 2010, the 'final' bit of information will still be missing.

How will they react? After all, those would-be Orbo builders are intelligent, practical men, not investors. Along with Steorn's non-demo of an OU device, which we can take for granted, these fellows are cheated out of the satisfaction of building their own Orbo.

Even if the investors, who are stupid, according to the wisdom here, mumble: 'sure Sean, whatever you say', It's not likely the builders among the '300' membership will take it quietly.

How will they react? The same way any other credulous believer reacts; rationalizations, excuses, apologies. Look, it's 6 Nov today. Not including today, there are exactly 55 days left for Steorn to meet their much lauded goal. If they are relying upon the less than 300 to suddenly produce a working "orbo" based upon Steorn's specs, there could hardly be said to be enough time in the year for this to happen comparing the end of the absurd education modules to the end of the year. Clanzer's words are exciting only to those who already believe and will continue to believe regardless of the cold reality staring them right in the face. Will Steorn itself pull a rabbit out of its hat name of orbo with perpetual serendipity? You're deluding yourself if you think they will; and they are not at all acting like a company with an important piece of technology to demonstrate. I can see Steorn getting away with alot; they already have for over 2 years. Why should they change now? No reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

I can say this much.. If it's a big lie, Steorn are going to fantastically detailed lengths to prove it, via the SKDB.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Posted By: legendreI can say this much.. If it's a big lie, Steorn are going to fantastically detailed lengths to prove it, via the SKDB.

Correction: Steorn are going to "...fantastically detailed lengths..." to convince a bunch of people who already are predisposed to belief in pure nonsense and who rely largely upon wishful thinking. There is no need at all for Steorn to go to any "fantastic" length to prove anything; proof is very simple and has always been. Take your orbo, submit it to a reputable and world recognized engineering house/testing organization, and let the results speak for themselves. Simple, cheap, easy, and fast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: pcstru

No? The fact is they have done it before - there have been several groups of "replicators" set up - none of which have been supplied with enough information to complete the puzzle. So in your words, they are stupid enough to try (and they have learned that some of their audience will let them get away with it). Clanzer previously quit the SPDC because Steorn failed to deliver on just such a promise.

OK

I presume they are interacting at the moment but the word "hopefully" is indicative that critical pieces of the puzzle are still missing. No one has seen an orbo spinning and spinning and spinning on and on. I wonder why?

Clanzer may not have seen an Orbo, but he has seen something to make him sweet on them again. I recall a month or two ago, when he chimed in at the Steorn forum to say that he had had a very good day with the '300' and had 'finally' been shown something (I suppose a flash presentation of some kind) he had wanted to see - words to that effect. The remarks on his website seem like a successful development from that.

Sean has said the '300' will be shown an Orbo before the demo. If they don't see one, presumably because there isn't one (and no public demo of course), they will be doubly ticked off as the year runs out with neither an Orbo nor the missing piece shown to them.

I still do not think Steorn is stupid enough to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: SPECTRE
    Posted By: legendreI can say this much.. If it's a big lie, Steorn are going to fantastically detailed lengths to prove it, via the SKDB.

Correction: Steorn are going to "...fantastically detailed lengths..." to convince a bunch of people who already are predisposed to belief in pure nonsense and who rely largely upon wishful thinking.

As if the predispositions of the SKDB membership have any bearing whatsoever on the truth of the matter? That one has strawman written all over it.

And my choice of words was imprecise; they should have read "..fantastically detailed lengths to allow people the opportunity to prove it for themselves."

Steorn has frequently been accused of garden-pathing by those on the outside. But at the end of the day, it matters not one whit how cleverly or cunningly the path may have been laid - if the net result is zero. It either works, or it doesn't - and nothing else matters or really bears consideration.

There is no need at all for Steorn to go to any "fantastic" length to prove anything; proof is very simple and has always been. Take your orbo, submit it to a reputable and world recognized engineering house/testing organization, and let the results speak for themselves. Simple, cheap, easy, and fast.

Sure. Or, they could try something novel.. which is what they claim to be doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

And you should ask yourself why they need to go to such fantastically detailed lengths. 0.5w per cc, always proven to work, devices ticking away in Steorn labs for the last 3 years (although they seem to have eluded the eyes of Seamus). And in those fantastic details, has anyone in the SKDB yet seen a working orbo? Saying so is not a violation of any NDA so a simple yes/no answer will suffice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: legendre
    And my choice of words was imprecise; they should have read "..fantastically detailed lengths to allow people the opportunity to prove it for themselves."

So has anyone proved it, conclusively, to themselves? Has anyone built an actual example of a perpetual motion machine? As you and I both know, the answer is no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: Grimer

Of course, in this case hedoesthink it will work.

BBCode uses square brackets.

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: maryyugo
    So Clanzer and others in the '300' are building Orbos, they think, but come January 1, 2010, the 'final' bit of information will still be missing. How will they react?
    Sort of like the jury did? And I bet all the lowest common denominators of stupidity down there with Babcat and 007 will still make excuses for Steorn. If by that time there still *is* a Steorn.

It would make a hell of an ending to the story: Sean makes big promises for the unveiling of Fire 2 before the end of the year, but instead shuts the company down.

Maybe the Gardai raid Steorn HQ. If that happens, let's hope the documentary crew are there.

But what I believe is more likely, is that 007 and Babcat are both in Dublin at the moment, helping to set up the various Orbos for the demo.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

So, CLaNZeR hasn't built a perpetual motion machine despite being a very talented tinkerer and having seen all the inside info?

Let me guess, he just has that last "sticky spot" to overcome and it's there?

Same as, same as....

And the laughable $20K prize is real then?