Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009

"They have been bamboozling stupid investors for four years with oscilloscope traces, or, if the investors aren't so stupid, have been bamboozling them with fake orbos powered by hidden batteries."
    ---
    they don't have to bamboozle them with anything once they have their money....
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

They were bamboozled over four years ago, by intellectual property consultants, accountants, marketeers, top class lawyers and investment/tax consultants. And there was also one 'science consultants' from a respectable institute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: maryyugoThe fake route is risky. I think it's gonna be the oscilloscopes traces and a claim of "honest error". The 16 million Euros? Oh... sorry about that! Won't happen again. Can I go now?

I was just expanding on bc's comment about desperation and deadlines, to suggest that it makes little sense.

After all, the deadline (OU demo this year) was set by Sean. Why would he work himself into a lather of desperation, knowing he has no OU device, when he could quietly continue to bamboozle the stupid investors?

He has been showing them flash presentations for four years. Why not keep doing it until the money runs out, and then walk away?

I am confident that Orbos will be spinning in less than seven weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited

No, we don't really know that the deadline was set by Sean. Just like the Kinetica demo, the present hypothetical demo may have been a contractual obligation to investors or shareholders. The deadlines could be built into the contracts.

Your confidence is touching. That, and four bucks, will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's. Unfortunately it won't make Orbo come true.
    There may be something spinning at a future Steorn demo, but it won't be self-powered and all it will generate are scope traces.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Your confidence is touching. That, and four bucks, will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's.

I must correct you on this point. I am sitting in a Starbuck's at this very moment, with a cup of coffee for which I paid $2.09 U.S.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    Posted By: mrflora
    Your confidence is touching. That, and four bucks, will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's.

I must correct you on this point. I am sitting in a Starbuck's at this very moment, with a cup of coffee for which I paid $2.09 U.S.

Regards,
    M.R.F.

I stand corrected. Naturally, I assumed couldbe would go for the Grande DeCaf Soy Vanilla Latte.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: alsetalokinI assumed couldbe would go for the Grande DeCaf Soy Vanilla Latte.

I'm not sure how to take that. I have only been to a Starbucks once, when there was no Tim Horton's or McDonald's nearby. I asked the girl for a regular coffee and she looked at me like I had ordered a bottle of busthead.

I can't see the point of the silly place. I drink instant at home and it tastes fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthebadger

Posted By: couldbe
    Posted By: alsetalokinI assumed couldbe would go for the Grande DeCaf Soy Vanilla Latte.

I'm not sure how to take that. I have only been to a Starbucks once, when there was no Tim Horton's or McDonald's nearby. I asked the girl for a regular coffee and she looked at me like I had ordered a bottle of busthead.

I can't see the point of the silly place. I drink instant at home and it tastes fine.

I'm with you on the Starbucks being a silly place. But instant coffee is fine? really?? Have you had your tastebuds surgically removed??
    •  
      CommentAuthorthebadger

Regards,
    M.R.F.

I'll tell you what. You aren't in NY.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

The point of starbucks is to make money off of a brainwashed public. People are so conditioned to buy, buy, buy that they will buy water even if the best water on earth flows from their faucet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: couldbeI asked the girl for a regular coffee and she looked at me like I had ordered a bottle of busthead.

One of life's little pleasures: ordering "cuppa Joe" in Starbuck's. "Wouldja warm it up for me?" is good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: sonoboyThe point of starbucks is to make money off of a brainwashed public. People are so conditioned to buy, buy, buy that they will buy water even if the best water on earth flows from their faucet.

Yeah, people buy all kinds of crap. More oft than not, they aren't even buying product - they're buying image; lifestyle / status etc.

Ever seen the organic produce stickers they made over at evilmadscientist.com? The ones that read "Now Slower and with More Bugs!"? Good humor..

Speaking of food, this has been a banner week. You guessed it; just last night, another novel foodstuff! This time it was Kitfo, an Ethiopian dish made of freshly minced/pounded raw beef, marinated in a mixture of spices and clarified butter. Unlike many other tartare preparations, which are served cold or at room temperature, Kitfo is served heated - warm, but not hot.
    Tim Horton's??
    Don't they make their coffee out of acorns and crushed walnut shells?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinTimHorton's??
    Don't they make their coffee out of acorns and crushed walnut shells?

Well they make the only decent TEA available on a North American highway. For that alone they deserve all praise and honour.
    • CommentAuthornova

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: couldbeI asked the girl for a regular coffee and she looked at me like I had ordered a bottle of busthead.

One of life's little pleasures: ordering "cuppa Joe" in Starbuck's. "Wouldja warm it up for me?" is good too.

A cup of coffee and a cigarette is what I would live for. Had to give up smoking if I wanted to keep on breathing.
    So now it is coffee and the memory of cigarettes. I told my doctor that if there was a warning of my end that he was to let me know because I wanted to make some life changes and he told me to make the changes now then I explained that I wanted to take up smoking.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

@legendre,

you might enjoy this Australian delicacy
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009

Posted By: thebadger

Regards,
    M.R.F.

I'll tell you what. You aren't in NY.

I'm a long way from the Big Apple. I'm on the Gulf coast, waiting to be hit by Ida, a November hurricane. In the Gulf of Mexico! Almost unheard of.

Regards,
    M.R.F.

P.S. you can get coffee with chickory down here.
    • CommentAuthornova

Chickory almost turned me against coffee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: loreman@legendre,

you might enjoy thisAustralian delicacy

Yes, I might at that!

Speaking of food, we came across a new Mexican place, just up the street. Couldn't resist the siren song of an untested restaurant, so in we went.

Tried a plate of tacos, tamales and enchiladas. Holy mole, was it ever good! Now I'm back home, nursing my food baby and feeling too fat to go out in the daylight.

Oh, and drinking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited

Posted By: novaChickory almost turned me against coffee.

What, not a fan of Cafe Du Monde? I can't drink coffee, but when I could, I really liked that stuff.. at least when I drank it iced.