Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgenesis
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010

Posted By: joshsNo, it is not an Orbomination although some seem to be saying an Orbomination transformer will ship with it. All the Orbomination goodness is data on the USB key.

ok i am aware now...what a shame:D
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

I just love the technical Spec. Particularly the fact they felt it necessary to tell you the IP rating is IP00.

I note they also claim compliance with "Directive 2004/108/EC". I suppose someone could ask to inspect their Technical Construction File which should contain evidence to support their claim to comply with the directive (but probably nothing else of interest).

All that work and they still have two batteries on it. What does the switch do? Close the loop :-) ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: cwattersParticularly the fact they felt it necessary to tell you the IP rating is IP00.

That's their way of telling you that it doesn't hold water.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

What does the switch do? Close the loop :-) ?
    That. Or executes debunkers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited

So are we still up for buying one, and then leaving it in a bar where it might get found and passed on to an independent tester?? I can also help buy setting up a private discussion somewhere.. (Give me a day or 2 to work out the best place to host it,) then I could pass the address on via whisper and the interested parties can discuss the details somewhere a little more private.

I think it would be money well spent to put this baby to bed once and for all with a little ground truth!!

Indeed, I shall start a new thread to try and gauge the level of interest...
    Posted By: LoonymanI think it would be money well spent to put this baby to bed once and for all with a little ground truth!!

I think it is just the ante for another pissing contest round.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: LoonymanI think it would be money well spent to put this baby to bed once and for all with a little ground truth!!

I think it is just the ante for another pissing contest round.

I have no doubt you are right, but I can spare the price of a few beers (at Swedish prices, anyway!!) to get some real solid data and to let someone I trust get their hands on some real Steorn hardware... it can only be enlightening!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: Loonyman
    I have no doubt you are right, but I can spare the price of a few beers (at Swedish prices, anyway!!) to get some real solid data and to let someone I trust get their hands on some real Steorn hardware... it can only be enlightening!!!

slow down here, we don't know what is being sold for sure...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: genesis

slow down here, we don't know what is being sold for sure...

I am not twisting your arm here friend, and you are under no obligation to do anything, but please stop cluttering up my thread... that is not what it is for!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

I am not twisting your arm here friend, and you are under no obligation to do anything, but please stop cluttering up my thread... that is not what it is for!!!

pffft. you asked who wanted to donate / participate - well perhaps i would like to - but before i donate i'd like to be sure what is being bought. and be sure - i will not post in your FUCKING thread-keep it nice and tidy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Loonymanit can only be enlightening!!!

Maybe not so much. We've never been enlightened by anything they did before. The saga never concludes...presumably because it will take forever for them to demonstrate what they claim.

I share genesis his concern. What we are proposing is a collective SKDB membership and collective ownership of the material we buy, and I suppose, a collective nondisclosure obligation under the SKDB rules. I imagine Steorn would not allow it. If we did it through a front we would be putting the front man in a touchy position.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Dont get all offended and throw your FUCKING dummy out the pram Genesis... if you want to contribute, but only if a certain set of criteria are met, then state that, but I asked that the thread be kept on-topic so it is easy to keep track of the interest.... Is that really so hard to do?
    A NDA should protect IP, it should not protect a mistake. If they want us to agree that we are not allowed to release information on how the device does NOT show a gain, then I would not accept such conditions.
    Let's calm down guys, we all want the same thing. And people start threads, they don't own them. Once they exist, they are community property.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It does occur to me that no NDA can stop you from publishing the results of your own measurements. You may not be able to describe Steorn's device or how it is supposed to work, but nothing could stop you saying "We got a device from Steorn, we measured it, and it doesn't work."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: Loonymanif you want to contribute, but only if a certain set of criteria are met, then state that,

thats exactly what i did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

OK OK OK people.

It's simply a matter of it being easier to count the money if that's all that's in the thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

I dont see how they can get out of this one, they claim that the board

" can be used not only to validate Steorn’s central claim regarding the Orbo effect but also as a platform for the development of Orbo-powered devices."

and on the website

" What is Orbo technology?
    Orbo is a technology that creates energy from magnetic interactions. Orbo provides free, clean and constant energy at the point of use.
    Orbo is a platform technology that can be engineered to power anything from a phone to a fridge to a car.
    Orbo technology is controversial - science tells us that energy can not be created - yet Orbo does this. Orbo is an over unity technology - it provides more energy out than is put in. "

If the board (as I suspect) does nothing, then we are all a few € lighter , but when you are actually selling something for €360, Trading standards trumps NDA...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: genesis
    Posted By: Loonymanif you want to contribute, but only if a certain set of criteria are met, then state that,

thats exactly what i did.

" genesis 23 minutes ago quote
    as far as i got it - it is not said that one can buy a working orbo...just the bord and a skdb membership.i recomend to clear this thing out @ steorn first,before paying them anything.
    Loonyman 22 minutes ago edit quote
    I just want to get a measure of the interest... and to be honest, I would be VERY FUCKING SURPRISED INDEED if one CAN buy a working orbo!!
    genesis 18 minutes ago edited quote
    I just want to get a measure of the interest... and to be honest, I would be VERY FUCKING SURPRISED INDEED if one CAN buy a working orbo!!

alright - remove the word "working"...whats the point to buy the PCB with no orbo on it?to fuck around with your own coils? no thanks."

Where in that did you state any interest? , or any Criteria??
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

yes,yes... the board can be used to.....blah blah blah...where does it say that IT INCLUDES ORBO or it is orbo?