Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: Loonymancan be used not only to validate Steorn’s central claim regarding the Orbo effect

The Orbo effect is coming up with a scheme to bilk people out of money. It will most certainly do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010

Posted By: Loonyman
    Where in that did you state any interest? , or any Criteria??

you didn't let me finish, did you? now . fuck off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

By the way, I'm just tugging your strings :-P

"can be used not only to validate Steorn’s central claim regarding the Orbo effect" , if it aint Orbo, how can it demonstrate anything?

I am not suggesting anyone throw money blindly , however, if enough folk are interested and in agreement then I think we should at least check out the claim "can be used not only to validate Steorn’s central claim regarding the Orbo effect"
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: genesis
    Where in that did you state any interest? , or any Criteria??

you didn't let me finish, did you? now . fuck off.

How many frigging posts do you need to express an interest???
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: LoonymanI think it would be money well spent to put this baby to bed once and for all with a little ground truth!!

I think it is just the ante for another pissing contest round.

I have no doubt you are right, but I can spare the price of a few beers (at Swedish prices, anyway!!) to get some real solid data and to let someone I trust get their hands on some real Steorn hardware... it can only be enlightening!!!
    How do you intend to get around the NDA?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusIt does occur to me that no NDA can stop you from publishing the results of your own measurements. You may not be able to describe Steorn's device or how it is supposed to work, but nothing could stop you saying "We got a device from Steorn, we measured it, and it doesn't work."
    You could, but without being able to describe any detail, it quickly devolves to a he said, she said sort of thing. You know damn well that the idiot PLOL's and double oh dimwits of the world will bleat in harmony to Steorn's tune.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

How many frigging posts do you need to express an interest???

Hey,loon...do you pay for this forum traffic? no? then shut up.i'll write/ejaculate as much as i see fit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I think it should be done quite openly. Approach Steorn as a collective purchaser, say the "General and Universal Perpetual Motion Evaluation Club". A sneaky way to do it would be to incorporate a company for the purpose. This can be done on line for a few bucks, at least here in Canada.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

there is more simple way - buy it and put it in a public domain anonymously...somewhere in china or russia...it will take some time for them to remove the content.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: genesisthere is more simple way - buy it and put it in a public domain anonymously...somewhere in china or russia...it will take some time for them to remove the content.

But how do you make the purchase? If you use a front company, it is the company that is responsible for adhering to whatever is in the Steorn purchase contract. If you dissolve the company as soon as you are finished, it gets complicated for them to go after the directors. The legal types here can set me straight, I'm sure. But I know that some dicey expose magazines like to form a new company for each issue, to make it easier to evade libel suits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: LoonymanI think it would be money well spent to put this baby to bed once and for all with a little ground truth!!

I think it is just the ante for another pissing contest round.

I have no doubt you are right, but I can spare the price of a few beers (at Swedish prices, anyway!!) to get some real solid data and to let someone I trust get their hands on some real Steorn hardware... it can only be enlightening!!!
    How do you intend to get around the NDA?

By not publishing the results under My real name, complete with address and lawyers telephone number!!!

(Or anyones real name and address and lawyers telephone number, for that matter...)

It will have to be well thought out and executed, but I don't think it will be much of a problem.. of course discussing the details on here would be a bit stupid, 007 would have a field day, in fact I would be very surprised if Steorn are not already fully aware of this discussion, therefore any discussion of the details should be done in private....

And for the record, I would like to state that I have no intention of breaking any legally binding NDA's either now, or at any time in the future.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I think it is an invitation to legal nightmares. If they are willing to sell a kit w/o an NDA requirement, I'll be happy to contribute $100. If they insist on an NDA, I am not interested in playing tag with their attorneys and any specious legal games Steorn might decide to engage. OTOH there may be a relatively safe strategy that would drag their sorry claim into court. That might be worth the $20,000. or $30,000. it could cost. I'll have to give it some thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: joshsI think it is an invitation to legal nightmares. If they are willing to sell a kit w/o an NDA requirement, I'll be happy to contribute $100. If they insist on an NDA, I am not interested in playing tag with their attorneys and any specious legal games Steorn might decide to engage. OTOH there may be a relatively safe strategy that would drag their sorry claim into court. That might be worth the $20,000. or $30,000. it could cost. I'll have to give it some thought.

don't worry this is not united states here.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited

Yes, I think that the Association of Novel Generator Users and Scientists should definitely purchase whatever it is that the lads are selling. As far as I can determine, although IANAL, there is nothing in Steorn's legalese that distinguishes between an individual human being Person and a corporate entity Person.
    I think a membership fee of, say, a Loonie a Year would be appropriate, and would allow each pre-approved Moletrap poster to enjoy membership in the A.N.G.U.S. organization, along with access to all internal data, and we can appoint a representative individual to act as Media Relations and Purchasing Agent for the group. Of course, Steorn's proprietary IP (as if there was such a thing) will be covered by the blanket NDA and couldn't be discussed outside our little....and ever expanding.... group.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Yes - the criteria for membership could be ... loose?
    Posted By: AngusYes - the criteria for membership could be ... loose?

No, very strict. Can't be letting the rabble in, after all.
    At the very least, the ability to use a computer kehohy['0ouyger would be required.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

And breathing. Don't forget breathing.
    Not being able to spell PSEUDOSCEPTIC would be an advantage, I presume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010

Just a thought on the subject of testing the OEDU - but who exactly gives a toss what a bunch of pseudoskeptic nutjobs think, no matter what the outcome. - lol

The only audience interested in hearing what you've got to say are yourselves and a few other sad muppets at teh JREF. Any neutrals reading this already know what your game is about. So good luck with "testing" something you've already made your minds up about BEFORE you've even recieved it.

Moletrappian Logic Circuits are fascinating things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010

How could anyone who has followed Steorn for any length of time be "neutral" at this point? =/

The default position is that their claims are impossible, per our current understanding of the universe. Steorn has done absolutely nothing to support their assertions, but more to the point, appears to have failed to do so at every single opportunity.

There is only one rational conclusion.