Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

Posted By: E-ManOk a) This doesn't have a reference, b) I'm no physicist but if one told me "Well to do this you need different physical worlds". I'll assume were talking more about "worlds" in the quantum-mechanics "many worlds" sense than in needing a device on Jupiter and Mars.

Oh hell, that is so narrow-minded. All you need are some really good psychoactive pharmaceuticals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

That's how I think this paper got written too.
    Another "trippy" claim was to engineer Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem. WTF?
    •  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014 edited

Not as trippy as Gilliam's Zero Theorem.
    At some point Gilliam must bomb, because he takes such risks. Will this be it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

I think everything he has done has been a glorious disaster.
    Surely you don't rank Brazil as such?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

I loved it all. But yes - an over-the-top disaster. I just like Gilliam's style of disaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2014

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

Po

IBM buys small Denver startup AlchemyAPI to expand Watson.

http://phys.org/news/2015-03-ibm-small-denver-startup-alchemyapi.html
    • CommentAuthorbr

Posted By: TrimMIT

Google’s Intelligence Designer.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/532876/googles-intelligence-designer/
    wow, feedback loops are wonderful things. Often so hard to predict that you just have to run them and see what happens...
    Oh, I dunno. Systems and control theory is growing hair
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

They need imagination.
    • CommentAuthorbr

Well even simple loops quickly give fractals and chaos. One may be able to predict 'attractors', but the details are hard.
    There's a God particle. So is there a God transfer function?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: E-ManAt this point, I call shananagans. The hard parts are glossed over (how do we build these clocks), the details seem to have no rational requirement (why do we need spheres). This is nonsense IMHO.
    That last seems to be word salad.
    krypton. clothes-horse. bakery
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThere's a God particle. So is there a God transfer function?

I think a transfer function is appropriate to an intermediary. The Church presumably has a transfer function. It seems to be nonlinear and acausal and generally weird - put lots in and not much comes out.
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThere's a God particle. So is there a God transfer function?

I think a transfer function is appropriate to an intermediary. The Church presumably has a transfer function. It seems to be nonlinear and acausal and generally weird - put lots in and not much nothing comes out.
    FTFY
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015 edited

Dear Mr Smith

Your digital prayer has been received and is stored in our 10 MegOhm resistor along with the prayers of many other faithful supplicants. Thank you for your contribution.

Yrs. Joule J. Heater (Rev.)