Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2018

It's a Felco 5.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2018 edited

Posted By: aber0derIt's a Felco 5.

Depends on what is meant by "it". I named the only complete item pictured, which is a Nyloc. If you want to play "what's this part of?", things could get to be very complicated.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixDepends on what is meant by "it". I named the only complete item pictured, which is a Nyloc. If you want to play "what's this part of?", things could get to be very complicated.

Yes, I agree. That was outside the implied rules of this thread. I apologize.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2018

Posted By: aber0der
    Posted By: AsterixDepends on what is meant by "it". I named the only complete item pictured, which is a Nyloc. If you want to play "what's this part of?", things could get to be very complicated.

Yes, I agree. That was outside the implied rules of this thread. I apologize.

We could really use some decent moderators around here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2018 edited

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me...........??!!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Angus would recognize this:

When I was part of a startup, the company president would often take his lunch time out browsing in various stores. I remember that he dropped one of these on my desk and asked me to identify it. I could see how it worked, but didn't have any idea of its actual application.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I have to admit I don't.

In the meantime, what's going on here?

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixAngus would recognize this:

I only got a broken image icon and when I try to open the image in a new window, this:

"Page Blocked
    We have detected that you are visiting us from a country with Global Data Protection restrictions (GDPR). Due to requirements placed upon West Marine as a result of Global Data Protection Regulation, we are not permitting internet traffic to our website from certain countries in order to avoid any violations. No tracking or performance measurement cookies were served with this page.""

The interweb matures...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

@Angus

Fusion splice of optical fiber?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Bingo goatcheez. I'm old enough to remember doing it by hand with a propane torch using early fibres.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Quick release pin; see here for a variety of them. Used for many other applications as well, but popular in stainless for the marine crowd. That small steel ball in the end usually engages a detent or a lip. To release, press the button.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's a little too fey for my boat.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Good old oak pegs, Angus? Any good belaying pins?

How about this?

Massage device.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Nope--it's pretty heavy with ball-bearing bushings. You'd do a lot of damage to a body with this. Angus might have a clue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: AsterixNope--it's pretty heavy with ball-bearing bushings. You'd do a lot of damage to a body with this. Angusmighthave a clue.

It's for taking the kinks out of optical fibre.

Zip-line trolley for two- inch hemp zip lines?
    I still think it would work great for those cramped calves.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

The roller "dish" is machine at a 2" radius, so that'd be some pretty thick optical fiber.

It's a roller for removing dents from large brass musical instruments (tubas, euphoniums). The instrument is placed over a mandrel and the dent worked out with the roller. Said rollers are produced with varying radii.