Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2018

This is ridiculous. All Canadians dress like that. He just has more money to apply to it.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2021

We're drowning in our own cheap shit.

My opinion is the same situation applies to footwear. Stuff wears out quickly and is not repairable.

I suppose the same can be said for cellphones and laptop computers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Speaking of footwear. A few years ago I began to notice that airline travel was becoming associated with bad smells. Some investigation identified the source as the feet of the guy behind, as permeating up through the seat back. Invariably he was wearing sneakers (USan), running shoes (Canadian), plimsolls (those of a certain age), Nykes (British), or Nigh - kees (American). I don't recall such smells when people wore leather shoes, lovingly polished once in a while whether they needed it or not.

The further descent of civilisation. Our successors may not be cockroaches. It may be pseudomonas.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2021 edited

The decline to us oldsters has been quite palpable. I got a haircut yesterday and the gal doing the deed admired my shirt and wanted to know where I acquired it--she was interested in one for her hubby.

It was a 28-year old made-in-USA from Oregon wool Pendleton. Wears like iron. The same can be said of my old Carhartt made-in-USA-from US-grown cotton togs. Now both manufactured offshore, cheaply.

I resole my work boots, rather than purchase new ones. They're good quality leather. I don't recall when or where I purchased them, it's been so long ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The horror is that canvas shoes have become more expensive than good leather ones used to be. I don't recall shoes being collectors' items in the past. I wonder if tinea and pseudomonas and the general ambience of an old gym bag degrades the resale potential of these items.