Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018

...and don't know anything. One of those Idiot creatures chose to have a nice funeral somewhere in the viewfinder assembly of my DSLR.

Their flight patterns also suggest that they are not really airworthy. They always crash on things you like as if they somehow conspire to make your live miserable. It doesn't matter if it's fresh paint, a glass of beer or a nose ohr ear: They'll find a way to annoy us law abiding citizens every step we go. Enough!
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018 edited

Phylumist
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018 edited

Houseflies are Day VFR only. If you turn off all the lights the houseflies will immediately alight. And it is easiest to alight on the ceiling if you're a housefly and can't see because it's dark. You simply climb at a 45 degree angle with your front feet sticking out. When you "crash" into the ceiling with your front feet your abdomen and other feet follow and you wind up automagically landed on the ceiling but facing in the opposite direction of your approach.

To take off... since a housefly can't really fly inverted very well ... you drop off the ceiling and roll upright while falling. This takes about 3 inches (7 cm). During this drop, the fly is very vulnerable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Do they have to file flight plans?
    I learned that from Kurt Vonnegut Jr., I think.

I also learned today that Isaac Asimov had AIDS and indeed died from its complications. He got it from a blood transfusion during cardiac bypass surgery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Really!!??
    Wiki:
    Asimov suffered a heart attack in 1977, and had triple bypass surgery in December 1983, during which he contracted HIV from a blood transfusion.[68] When his HIV status was understood, his physicians warned that if he publicized it, the anti-AIDS prejudice would likely extend to his family members. He died in New York City on April 6, 1992, and was cremated.[69]

He was survived by his siblings, his second wife Janet Asimov, and his children from his first marriage. His brother Stanley reported the cause of death as heart and kidney failure.[70] The family chose not to disclose that these were complications of AIDS, because within two days, on April 8, Arthur Ashe announced his own HIV infection (also contracted in 1983 from a blood transfusion during heart bypass surgery), which resulted in much public controversy;[71][72] also doctors continued to insist on secrecy.[73] Ten years later, after most of Asimov's physicians had died, Janet and Robyn Asimov agreed that the HIV story should be made public; Janet revealed it in her edition of his autobiography, It's Been a Good Life.[68][73][74]
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

We have plagues of small "thunderflies". One of them seems to have found it's way into the panel on my monitor. Every so often I try and dislodge it with the mouse pointer.