Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2018 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2018

"I agree with Martin Shkreli that when he raised the price of his drug he was within his rights because he had to reward his shareholders... If he's the only one selling it then he can make as much money as he can... We have to make money when we can. The price of iPhones goes up, the price of cars goes up, hotel rooms are very expensive."
    • CommentAuthorloreman

By that logic, they should also be seeking to breed and disseminate the organisms which their drug is designed to treat.
    Yanks are so dumb en masse that it may take them a further 70 years to get the health care they don't deserve.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanYanks are so dumben massethat it may take them a further 70 years to get the health care they don't deserve.

Most "yanks" aren't dumb and overwhelmingly support Medicare for all. Our corporations and bankers have usurped mostly of the power to change things.

Even I don't know how to turn that one around.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanYanks are so dumben massethat it may take them a further 70 years to get the health care they don't deserve.

Most "yanks" aren't dumb and overwhelmingly support Medicare for all. Our corporations and bankers have usurped mostly of the power to change things.

Even I don't know how to turn that one around.

Use all those guns lying around the house?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2018 edited

What guns? I don't own any firearms, neither do most of my circle of friends aside from one or two hunters. I own a pump-action pellet rifle, purchased for taking pot shots at squirrels and turkeys, but haven't fired it in more than a decade. It's hardly a self-defense weapon, as on a good day, I can get one shot off about every 30 seconds. A slingshot would be more effective.

Firearm mass shootings in the US are largely committed by angry white males. Said people own multiple guns. In fact, half the firearms in the US are owned by just three percent of the population. Per-household firearm ownership is on par with Canada.

We're not all nuts and I resent the broad strokes you paint with your brush.
    Well, calling for armed insurrection, even if only by angry white males, or calling for assassination by poisoning... really, either path to revolutionary change isn't tenable. We have to use our only real legitimate powers: the vote, and civil disobedience if necessary.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: AsterixWhat guns? I don't own any firearms, neither do most of my circle of friends aside from one or two hunters. I own a pump-action pellet rifle, purchased for taking pot shots at squirrels and turkeys, but haven't fired it in more than a decade. It's hardly a self-defense weapon, as on a good day, I can get one shot off about every 30 seconds. A slingshot would be more effective.

Firearm mass shootings in the US are largely committed by angry white males. Said people own multiple guns. In fact, half the firearms in the US are owned byjust three percentof the population. Per-household firearm ownership is on par with Canada.

We're not all nuts and I resent the broad strokes you paint with your brush.

I was bein’ facetious, mon.
    Me, I know that. Ditto with the tetrahydrozoline suggestion.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: loremanI was bein’ facetious, mon.

Okay, with things going the way they are here, it's getting harder to tell satire from reality.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Ain't that the truth!
    Well, isn't that the problem after all?
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2018

Posted By: aber0derPharma CEO jacks drug price 400%, citing “moral requirement to make money”

Well, yes. That's the way corporations work. Sometimes it's just more obvious than others.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Ah yes--the teachings of Jesus. "Make money for the people with money; screw the sick and poor".

How uplifting! Used to be that avarice was considered to be a deadly sin.
    For everything there is a season.
    There is a time to cast away stones...and there is a time to make as much money as you can before the government comes and takes it all away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You're in no danger down there unless "as much money as you can" isn't very much.