Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Here you go, trappers...craziest theory wins another crazy theory.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Wasn't he played by John de Lancie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The deep theory on this, for which I cannot reveal my evidence, is that John de Lancie is actually being played by Q.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018 edited

There is without question that dark corner in every brain where are located the cells and circuits that make people believe weird and awful things without proof. We've gone over, here in the past, the evolution of that part of the brain and the survival benefit to early "cave man" societies. It may turn out to be what dooms humanity as it lags further and further behind technological developments and various weapons and mass killing methods. Optimistic no?

From work by Persinger and others, see for instance https://www.wired.com/1999/11/persinger/

I think this Q bullshit and similar phenomena come from this Persinger mechanism.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

This link really belongs in this string or maybe in years to come, Trappers will wonder WTF it was about (one can hope it fades soon and doesn't become another Tom Jones or Comet Cult, anyway)

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/q-theorists-led-astray-by-crumbs-of-untruth-874751.html
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

It's a very enjoyable book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Q-Luther-Blissett/dp/0099439832

In that, the guy who signs off as "Q" throughout the book is papal spy, and the antagonist....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I think Luther nailed it.
    Posted By: AngusI think Luther nailed it.

Three weeks early?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

You know Q is short for Фигушки don't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokin

Three weeks early?

Somebody might have beat me to the pun.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Fun fact: in Spain there's no chapter about Protestantism in neither History or Religion classes at school.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: loremanYou know Q is short for Фигушки don't you?

Actually - Фигушки.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Потому что фигушки мы поедем в Малибу.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That would seem self-evident. But I suppose you could start in Trondheim, take the train to Oslo, fly to LA and rent a car. That partly qualifies.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: thehardFun fact: in Spain there's no chapter about Protestantism in neither History or Religion classes at school.

And yet...
    https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/offices/spain/
    Do they go door-to-door in the Catholic neighborhoods like they do here? That must be pretty scary.

(ETA: I see you've even got... gasp.... Mormons...)
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: alsetalokin

Three weeks early?

Somebody might have beat me to the pun.

Good for one day only.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: AngusThat would seem self-evident. But I suppose you could start in Trondheim, take the train to Oslo, fly to LA and rent a car. That partly qualifies.

There's that "q" again.

I'm starting to see conspiracy stuff popping up on the net about the 1991 appointment of a Supreme Court judge in the US and sexual harassment allegations being made back them, the implication being that it's a standard left wing tactic. Here, I think, it would be difficult to find a judge (maybe of either sex) who couldn't be impugned for sexual harassment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinDo they go door-to-door in the Catholic neighborhoods like they do here? That must be pretty scary.

The Testigunan di Yehova go everywhere. They publish a bible in Papiamentu, for goodness sake.
    That I can believe. But what about Gitxsanimaax ?

I think the market is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46kCkaifxSg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2018

These coastal languages are amazing. Around here they speak a Salishan language, Hul'q'umi'num'

You can learn it on line.