Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2020 edited

Religion and sex - Temple prostitution goes back to prehistoric times.

One might argue whether NVIXM is a religion. It meets the cult criterion, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I just looked at your ex-wife's website.

We will explore how you create reality through your thoughts and core belief system with the principle of Law of Attraction.

Is this the sort of thing that young impressionable minds should be allowed to see?
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

I hope you got your fair share at the divorce.
    Posted By: AngusIt is indeed bizarre how many fools there are to be parted from money.
    Nope. They are Yanks. The "culture" (such as it is) encourages cultism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

So Brits have no cults? Hmmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

California Brits have no cults.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2020 edited

LOL! They ARE a cult.

NVIXM had several companies and offices worldwide...including England.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2020

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-vow-episode-7-recap-the-dossier.html

It will shock absolutely zero people to discover that a man who started a cult revolving around self-help voodoo and faux-scientific “tech” also once started a multilevel-marketing company. That’s right, folks, everybody’s gotta start somewhere, and for Keith Raniere, that meant Consumers Buyline, a business that sold “membership in a discount buying club,” a.k.a. a corporation that seemed designed to collapse and leave its “investors” in the lurch while its head honcho, Keith, walked away with the money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2020 edited

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/11/world/europe/qanon-is-thriving-in-germany-the-extreme-right-is-delighted.html
    But it is in Germany that QAnon seems to have made the deepest inroads. With what is regarded as the largest following — an estimated 200,000 people — in the non-English-speaking world, it has quickly built audiences on YouTube, Facebook and the Telegram messenger app. People wave Q flags during protests against coronavirus measures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020 edited

Q ist vergangen, die Zukunft ist Ü.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020 edited

Just don't forget the i-mutation U
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

FÜr-hair?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I was listening to an interview with the BBC’s New York correspondent Nick Bryant about his new book “When America Stopped Being Great”.

He made the interesting observation that when he was young and first went to the US, he noticed a big difference between that country and his native England. He said that in the UK, when people saw a Rolls Royce in the street, they woul say impolite things about Class. In the US, when an ordinary person saw a Cadillac in the street, they’d say “I’ll have one of those one day”. He says that his latest stint in the US had revealed that that difference between the two societies has largely gone. I think that what’s largely behind Q is the end of aspiration, and the realisation that it’s now impossible to join the elite. Shades of the 1930’s, and I think war’s a’comin. If I were Jeff Bezos,I think I’d be checking out Mars real estate.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

It is what it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Anent that, I heard a piece on CBC radio a couple of days ago on wealth inequality. The presenter pointed out that Bezos has made something like many tens of billions more money this year, putting him at about 170 Bn if I remember right. Then they went to an interview with a nice lady who recounted her work history from a junior office worker in 1990 to a management position in the Civil Service now. Her salary went from $40k to $75k. The interviewer did the quick calculation to show that $40k in 1990 is $71k now.

But the surprise was that she was perfectly content with her lot. She said she had always had enough money to do what she wanted, and now her family still has enough money to do what they want.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Good for her, but I suspect she may be part of a shrinking minority.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

I think it's time for Karellen to show up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

With his buddy Raskolnikov ? - no,wait...