Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

... until you find out that the woman you were chatting with at the forum is a seventeen year old male with filed teeth, pimples and a nose ring, and the respected scientist is actually a comic-book salesman.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2018

When that happens, they usually won't go to meetings.
    Still, it can be jarring to find that one's online friend isn't exactly part of the same demographic as one may have expected.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018

Isn't that the fun part?
    I think Trim disguises her gender remarkably effectively.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Pcstru and BOR were very diplomatic when they discovered I am really a spaniel. But I did have some difficulty getting into the pub.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Did one of the others say you were his helper spaniel?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Did one of you three look like 'Babcat'? (asking for GabyDeWilde)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We all did.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Weird. Seriously?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Seriously weird at all events.

I looked those two up. It's eight years since we heard from them. They have joined the ranks of the immortals.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

We could have Come Clean Day. Confession is good for the soul.
    Sure. Especially if you only have one soul.

At UCSC there was a popular psychology professor whom we may call Dr Q. He taught big lower-division survey classes, and I worked as a TA for him one trimester. In lectures he started talking about a client-friend of his called "Esmé". An unusual Scottish given name it was, perhaps. Dr Q promised a visit from Esmé and we all, students and assistants alike, eagerly awaited the day of her visit.

On the promised day the lecture hall was packed. Even people who weren't enrolled were there. Dr Q spoke for about 20 minutes, warming up the audience, then exited stage right to go get Esmé. After a minute, out walks Esmé... who turns out to be our good Dr Q, in full tv drag, wig and makeup, high fucking heels even, and proceeds to talk about her experiences in a campy falsetto...

Having two souls can be a problem if they both are required to appear at the same time. I imagine the same is true for forum members with multiple handles.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Well, I’ll bet she was glad he got that off her...chest.
    • CommentAuthorAngie

Like, what's your prob? I get along fine with Angus as long as he stays out of the #MeToo zone.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2018

As do we all, Angie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2018 edited

Nice boots, Angie!
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2019

pcstru, BOR, tinker, etc. -- anyone up for a repeat? I'll be in London from May 4 to early May 8, and would enjoy meeting for lunch at The Lamb on either Monday, May 6, or Tuesday, May 7. Flexible on the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Hey! Without me? :(
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

If you can't make it, at least we'll be able to talk about you.