Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019

Tesla-Trump

In 1934...inventor Nikola Tesla — instrumental in developing the alternating-current electricity system — announced that he had attempted to design a device that would send a ‘death beam’ of concentrated particles to detect and destroy submarines... US government agents looked into the proposal after Tesla’s death, but reviewer John G. Trump, an electrical engineer (and uncle of the current US president), declared it too speculative.

In "Lasers, Death Rays, and the Long, Strange Quest for the Ultimate Weapon Jeff Hecht Prometheus (2019)"

Reviewed in Nature 9 Jan 2019.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019 edited

"declared it too speculative"

As he was instructed to say?
    That's nothing. I once shook hands with someone who shook hands with Mikhail Gorbachev. And I also worked with someone who dated Nikola Tesla's niece.

Therefore collusion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019

I've shared molecules with almost every President of the United States.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019 edited

I once (almost,2m distance) ran into Bootsy Collins at work and was shocked for a second or two because with that big hat and all that glitter my brain thought he was a giant insect or an alien or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2019

Had to look that up.I thought you were talking about a drink but that made even less sense than usual.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusHad to look that up.I thought you were talking about a drink but that made even less sense than usual.

Yea you can't even look that shit up, bro.