Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2019 edited

We don't even know how to deal with the loud booming base from the car stereos of near neighbors, and you expect us to deal with their _guns_? Sheeee it, bato, this is America.

(She just drove up in her cocaine-white Crown Royale with the bass rattling the windows. I'm sitting here at the computer, inside, a curling pitch away, and it's booming my guts. How to stop it without starting a war? Then there's the red Honda from down the block, that does it late at night... Why do people make a point of being so fucking deliberately rude? If they get a complaint, it's like counting coup for them.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinWe don't even know how to deal with the loud booming base from the car stereos of near neighbors, and you expect us to deal with their _guns_? Sheeee it, bato, this is America.

(She just drove up in her cocaine-white Crown Royale with the bass rattling the windows. I'm sitting here at the computer, inside, a curling pitch away, and it's booming my guts. How to stop it without starting a war? Then there's the red Honda from down the block, that does it late at night... Why do people make a point of being so fucking deliberately rude? If they get a complaint, it's like counting coup for them.)

It's very simple. You just ban the guns you don't want and then anyone who brandishes one, the police shoot them. There is no question that someone might be legitimate if they pull out a semi-automatic, they are a criminal. And sure criminals will still get hold of them, for a while, until they are shot. It's not an instant cure but buy this special offer and you are guaranteed in the long term to see gun crime fall.

And who knows, once you have a culture where it's not likely everyone is armed to the teeth, you might be able to take the first step with boom boxes by just asking them to turn it down without worrying about them pulling out a gun and shooting you for the trouble.

But no, of course you are right, it is just too difficult. You shouldn't start, hell go buy yourself a gun or two, you will probably be needing them soon.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Posted By: alsetalokinHow to stop it without starting a war?

What about that weird sonic weapon used in the American embassy in Cuba?
    Oh, I can certainly make sounds that will have effects. But then that makes me the villain, doesn't it? They are just listening to "their music" and I am just experiencing their leakage, while I would be deliberately attacking a target.
    Posted By: pcstruanyone who brandishes one, the police shoot them

That is already the way it is here. Haven't you been paying attention? It doesn't even have to be a gun that is brandished. A harmonica or pocket comb will do. It doesn't seem to be an effective deterrent though... people are still carrying and brandishing harmonicas and combs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Cell phones work well.
    You would think that the brain ( or lip) cancer from the cell phones will soon start reducing the percentage of problem children.