Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2019 edited

Seeing as how the "inventor" has already been found to have stolen a fair chunk of change, would you even want to risk your hard-earned shekels in a wager? Just getting access to your money is usually all this type needs.

They'll forge documents or do whatever it takes. The threat of punishment means nothing to them. Our legal system mills grind slowly, but unfortunately not exceeding fine. Mostly, it keeps lawyers employed.

And in the end, you won't prevail in the court of public opinion. Sheep will be shorn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2019

Possibly I do not understand 'escrow'.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Escrow simply means that someone other than the parties involved hold the kitty. But an aggressive party can tie the claims on that escrow account up for years.

"It did so work"
    "No it didn't"
    "Yes, it did--your measurements were in error"
    ...and so on...

Danzik has shown that he's a master at that.

Now, you could retain a sufficiently educated impartial arbiter, which the other party would never agree to.

Some day, somewhere … a guy is going to come to you and show you a nice brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is never broken, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that the jack of spades will jump out of this deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son … do not bet him, for as sure as you do you are going to get an ear full of cider.

(From the short story The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, Collier's Weekly, January 28, 1933
    I guess I'm just hoping for some different drama. We have seen the same old same old from so many places, for so long, the field has gotten really boring. No wonder TK is moribund. It's nice to see a wellplayed hoax now and then, because at least the hoaxers are sometimes more sophisticated and clever than the honest experimenters and researchers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

So sorry to hear about TK. I hope he gets better or regains human status, whichever is appropriate.

mor·i·bund

/ˈmôrəˌbənd/

adjective

(of a person) at the point of death.

synonyms:dying, expiring, on one's deathbed, near death, near the end, at death's door, breathing one's last, fading/sinking fast, not long for this world, failing rapidly, on one's last legs, in extremis; 

informalwith one foot in the grave

"the patient was moribund"

(of a thing) in terminal decline; lacking vitality or vigor.

"the moribund commercial property market"
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

At one time in my life I wrote test procedures for traction power substations for the transit industry. No money changed hands until both the seller and the buyer's representative signed off on the step by step test results.

I believe I can set up such a piss off as Alset describes. I might even find some folks willing to play.

BTW, the escrow account would be establish a priori with the funds held by a bank. The winning party simply presents the signed test results to collect from the account.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Who signs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

The terms of the escrow release would define the signatories.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The signer would have to be able to evaluate the claims and data to the satisfaction of both bettors.That would be tricky to arrange with a scammer.

I suppose Steorn got stuck on that one with their jury, but OTOH the jury verdict didn't stop them from continuing unabated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

No. The test procedure itself would define all participants. The test engineer and each sides' witnesses, not to mention the procedure, are agreed upon by all parties in advance. The calibration, setup, and test data are signed by all three parties as each occurs in real time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Still sound like the jury to me. Except that the jury refused to set anything up until they had seen something operate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Well, it works if done properly.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Just keep in mind that Danzik is a known scammer. He wouldn't play an honest game if offered one--no advantage for him.

Bear in mind also, that he only stands to lose. He's part of a scam that sucks in investment money--a misstep on his part would bring the world crashing down.

Another way to view it is if offered to play Russian roulette with one bullet loaded into six chambers, would you play for beer money?
    Well, calling the bluff is part of the game, isn't it?

Yep, poor old TK is looking pretty ragged these days. He's lost a lot of weight and just isn't interested in bullshit any more. I don't think he's long for this world, seriously. Maybe there is one small adventure left in him, if that much.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Also, the bet ostensibly would not be with Danzik or the IEC company. It would be with that angel investor/shill "Walsh", who claims not to be connected to the company other than by investment, and who has many times offered to wager significant dollars.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

But we really don't know who "Walsh" is, do we? Neither do we know who "Woody" is who comments on this at ECW.

Consider Rossi with his various aliases.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: alsetalokinYep, poor old TK is looking pretty ragged these days. He's lost a lot of weight and just isn't interested in bullshit any more. I don't think he's long for this world, seriously. Maybe there is one small adventure left in him, if that much.

It's spring. Hopefully you just metabolized through your Winterspeck.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019 edited

Yes, I hope that's it.

Meanwhile... OMFG. These people are actually infringing on TK's design! The only real difference is that they are using an electrical pulse to move their "lens" whereas TK used a mechanical linkage -- meaning of course that TK's design needs no electrical input at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bA2OMRcxKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3JHdIzPmfk

I think I've got this figured out. The IEC thing is a pulse motor, nothing more or less. When the flywheel is up to speed, far more power can be drawn off than is being used to run it at speed -- for a short time. Long enough for short naive demos certainly. A sensitive optical tachometer and a proper electrical or mechanical load will tell the tale in a few minutes. Here is a fully and easily testable hypothesis. If the motor is truly producing energy (or even running on the "fuel" of the magnets) it will not slow down when loaded. If it is just a flywheel energy storage system as I believe, it will decrease in speed at a predictable rate depending on the load.

Will someone propose such a test to the principals at IEC or to the shill/investor? Surely this simple test would be something that an investor might want to perform before cutting a check. Of course... _after_ cutting the check, contrary information is going to be harder for the mark investor to accept, as well-known psychological principles come into play.

My prediction is that this simple test will be avoided at all costs and will never be performed. It might be acceded to but on the day of the test the only motor available will be inoperative for some reason and can't be fixed until after the test team have had to go home.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

Well, Al, as I've pointed out, these swindlers are pros. I wouldn't get near them.
    It's hilarious to see that disinformation troll Zephir promoting his credulous nonsense at R-G. I guess they don't know that he was actually banned and/or extensively severely moderated from oh you dot com. That has got to mean something! He exists, as far as I can tell, to distract and obfuscate and evidently has lots of time to read and type. Some of us even believe that he is a consortium, a composite entity, a veritable multi-sourced font of disinfo.