Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

Some gullible guy using the nick "Sam12" on LENR Forum is posting this shit.
    Over six million views in a bit over a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T52cEofR8WI
    (There is no narration, so you can safely mute the obnoxious "music".)

I think I am in the wrong line of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcjCPfcbcI

I wonder if someone would show these videos to "Walsh" or even "Zephir" and ask if the video demonstrations were believable at all, and whether they would invest serious money in developing the systems shown. "Of course not, those are just silly fakes!" Well, gentle readers Walsh and friends, the fact of the IEC motors being fake "free energy" devices is just as obvious to those of us skilled in the arts, as those silly speaker magnet FE hoaxes are to you.
    Of course the prevalence of those kinds of videos dilutes the impact of such Highly Significant demonstrations as the one TK is dreaming about at the moment. (I can see him twitching in his oestival sleep so I know he's dreaming about something.) When TK shows, for example, a video of wireless power transmission including VRSWR, most people who see it probably think it's fake, due to a combination of ignorance and credulity, enhanced by a false skepticism stoked by these implausible and frankly silly fake demos.
    Wait... is there any video evidence of the IEC motor actually powering _any_ load at all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

Thank you. I've been looking for how they measured an "energy" output of 40 kw and can't find it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019 edited

40kW can bring a bucket of water to boiling temperature in about a minute.
    Just ask them to show doing this with a cubic meter in one or two hours.
    Would that be a metric bucket or an Imperial one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

For USA: this equals about 10 large sodas at the McDonald. (Edit: did not know how to spell that)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinWould that be a metric bucket or an Imperial one?

A bucket is dry measure; two pecks; also known as a kenning.
    Posted By: ping1400For USA: this equals about 10 large sodas at the McDonald. (Edit: did not know how to spell that)
    Doubtless the richest clan
    Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: alsetalokinWould that be a metric bucket or an Imperial one?

A bucket is dry measure; two pecks; also known as a kenning.

So, half a bushel then?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019

Half a bushel, I'm not sure about the weight to be able to quote in hobbits.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

All the noise seems to have disturbed that damned koala. He's trying to educate "Walsh" on the difference between power and energy, on YouTube comments. Next he'll probably try banging his head against the wall until I give him some leaves.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Can I get a witness? Would someone please check my math?

Assume that the IEC flywheel is a solid cylinder which masses 2700 kg and has radius 1 meter, and it is spinning at 600 rpm (w = 62.8 rad/sec).

Its rotational moment of inertia is I = (mr2)/2 = 1350 kg/m2
    and therefore its energy storage is Ef = (Iw2)/2 = 2,662,092 Joules.

This value clearly goes as the square of the angular velocity and the square of the radius. The more disk-like the rotor (short wide cylinder) and the faster you can spin it the more-and-more energy it stores.

So if we double the speed to 1200 rpm (126 rad/sec) we get 4 times the energy, yes?

Some statements from the "walsh" entity, and also appearing in other statements apparently from IEC, repeatedly use the figure "25 kWh", which my clacklutter tells me is 90 million Joules.

Of course this whole exercise is moot. I'm just trying to get that damned koala to go back to sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Moment of inertia will be less. That one is for a hollow wheel, i.e. all the mass at the rim.
    Are you sure? I had to look it up...
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/icyl.html#icyl
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

I'm wrong. Sorry (really!).
    It happens to the best of us. Even to me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinAre you sure? I had to look it up...
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/icyl.html#icyl
    Georgia State University is mostly a business school. One of my wives graduated from there.
    Er how many wives do you have?