Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2019

Publication of earlier this year. Exploring limitations in finite element calculation engines?

https://gaia-projects.org/docs/Duarte-Essay-Mag-Wind-Mills.pdf

“A methodology for the synthesis of a prime mover is presented, based only on attraction/repulsion of permanent magnets. The design example is given for a demonstration pro- totype that has the potential to unfold the sustainable generation of 22W mechanical power at 1000 rpm and beyond.”
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Did he steal the TUE letterhead or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: AngusDid he steal the TUE letterhead or something?

he is teacher and researcher at the TUE. Specialized in power electronics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We looked af this before, I recall. It seems to be a permanent magnet motor. That's enough for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The sheep shearers will be pleased.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

At least it is permanent, then.
    I can't believe I read the whole thing.

Seriously, it would be easier just to build a prototype or proof-of-concept experimental demonstration, than to write that paper. Especially since the core assumption does not appear to conform to physical reality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The most annoying thing about these projects is that the fundamental reason why they don't work is simple to explain. But the proponents are never satisfied with that. They always want you to plough through piles of spurious reasoning and show them somewhere they went wrong.

The error was to begin.
    I generally start with a spherical chicken
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2019 edited

Too bad Duarte doesn't know about Anti-Gear-Wise rotation. Stick a little idler gear in there between his two rotor drive gears and S-S-Sstand Back! It will be the first major improvement in the OCMPMM in a decade.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfyPbjCIWA
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Did Duarte give up on the Turkish scam and invent one of his own?

The boys at IEC should be pleased.