Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2020

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMine involve 100% optical stealth and antigravity

Good. Very good. So in your case, not buying a VW saves you 20k and not buying a Porsche could save you 200k easily. I know what I wouldn't do if I were in your shoes.
    I know what I would do, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2020

The electric-vehicle startup Rivian will make the platform for Lincoln's first fully-electric vehicle, Lincoln announced on Wednesday. That platform will include the vehicle's motors, suspension, and battery pack.

R
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2020

General Motors has confirmed that it is dusting off the decade-dormant brand name for a battery-powered monster truck called the GMC HUMMER EV. The all-electric vehicle will be sold through GMC, rather than a rebooted standalone HUMMER division, and is set to be the most powerful vehicle GM has ever produced.

R
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2020

Ford Engineer Claims Tesla Has Big Issues: Shoddy Build, Unsafe Parts

https://insideevs.com/news/396298/ford-mach-e-better-than-tesla/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2020

I don't care a lot for the presenter. He's non-technical and has a funny island-ic accent. But, I like the car...especially the entertainment center. The city car is not yet addressed by Mr. T.

Honda e
    flimflammer
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Must be crap-it's not Tesla.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Okay, how about a Teslonda?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

No pedigree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

No, but its apogee is way out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2020 edited

Ford thinks people will be making out and eating shrimp in the electric Mustang Mach-E

(yes, that's the frunk full of iced shrimp)

R
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Which Automakers Can Seriously Challenge Tesla?

https://youtu.be/Rk5LdBbneZQ
    LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

CNBC, meh. Interesting, still.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTime1 day ago

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor and Volkswagen each sell 10 million cars, give or take, every year. Tesla delivered about 367,500 in 2019. But when it comes to electronics technology, Elon Musk's scrappy company is far ahead of the industry giants.

This is the takeaway from Nikkei Business Publications' teardown of the Model 3, the most affordable car in the U.S. automaker's all-electric lineup, starting at about $33,000.

What stands out most is Tesla's integrated central control unit, or "full self-driving computer." Also known as Hardware 3, this little piece of tech is the company's biggest weapon in the burgeoning EV market. It could end the auto industry supply chain as we know it.

One stunned engineer from a major Japanese automaker examined the computer and declared, "We cannot do it."

The module -- released last spring and found in all new Model 3, Model S and Model X vehicles -- includes two custom, 260-sq.-millimeter AI chips. Tesla developed the chips on its own, along with special software designed to complement the hardware. The computer powers the cars' self-driving capabilities as well as their advanced in-car "infotainment" system.
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/Tesla-teardown-finds-electronics-6-years-ahead-of-Toyota-and-VW2
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime1 day ago

The big manufacturers still rely on suppliers like Bosch, Magna etc. And you can't blame them, there was external pressure and incentive to walk that way.
    The computer powers the cars' self-driving capabilities as well as their advanced in-car "infotainment" system.
    And probably also the door locks. And of course the environmental control system. And the seatbelts and airbags.

The possible consequences of the owner pissing off the car's AI I will leave to the imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime1 day ago

By the way - what self driving?