Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorxanadan
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2020

Anyway, the reason I logged in is because I was approached on LinkedIn by someone from Canada looking for funding for their miracle process - I haven't really had time to look at it yet but thought you might be all over this kind of thing.

Someone called Roger Gordon has claimed to invent a very cheap process to synthesise Ammonia for use as fuel - there are patents linked to it such as:

https://patents.justia.com/patent/8992842[\url]

So my immeidate thoughts are good inventions don't normally languish so there is a problem with his. Either - synthesis is not as cheap/easy as claimed, does not scale-up, has low energy density or it is the obvious problems with holding Ammonia (mind you petrol is not the ideal substance either) or retrofitting engines.

Thought one of you might be familiar with this and know the answer off the top of you head and save me puzzling over it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Thanks nice post but I wished you had posted it in the 'Hydrogen breakthrough paves way for ammonia-fuelled cars.' Thread when you first posted it.
    • CommentAuthorxanadan

Sorry, didn't realise there was a thread for it already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2020 edited

Don't be I had forgotten about it as well.

Methanol and formic acid can be used in fuel cells as well but you need very small hands to milk ants.

My tablet posted cosmic acid, weird.
    • CommentAuthorxanadan

Cosmic acid sounds like an entirely different class of substance!
    If that's a mealy-mouthed reference to LSD then yes - yes it indeed does.

And have you noticed how easy it is to tell who's dropped and who hasn't?
    Usually, anyway.