Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020 edited

:)
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I was about to cross post this from my LENR forum post:

Here is a very preliminary but promising, controlled (more or less) trial of hydroxychloroquine and azythromycin in reducing viral load in human patients who had COVID-19 infections.

Expect a PDF download or display depending on how your system is setup. I tried it and no malware warnings.

https://www.mediterranee-infec…oquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

I have not read the details yet. I do know from the TV interview I saw that it was not a blinded study nor was it randomized. It is a very small series of appx 20 subjects who got the drugs and 20 who did not. The control subjects were in no way matched with the experimental subjects so please: THIS IS A VERY WEAK STUDY. Nonetheless, if it is borne out, it is very exciting. Both hydroxychloroquine (or chloroquine) and azithromycin should be cheap and readily available in large quantities. And they are relatively safe, Certainly safer than having a significant infection with COVID-19. And it should not take too long to replicate in a much more "rigorous" fashion. So promising (all patients receiving the drug went to zero virus levels) but weakly controlled and:

- not matched subjects
    - not randomly split between controls and experimental group
    - not blinded
    - very small "series" (groups)

So be optimistic but also be skeptical.

So bottom line, if I started to go downhill from a COVID-19 infection, or was at extremely high risks to do so, I would want this treatment tried. It does have risks, especially in older people with heart disease.

Contrary to all the optimistic reviews from one scientist at Stanford Medical School, this is emphatically NOT a well controlled study. And it's too small. However the graphs are still impressive because the treated patients' detectable viral loads go to ZERO!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020

Wow, that thar is a bunch of sigmas all right. Let's hope it really works. How about prophylaxis? Does giving everybody the combination have a preventative effect, staving off the infection in the first place?

And how much does the treatment cost, et cetera?
    OK, I read the article. It does sound encouraging. But

"If conditions allow, a hydrogen-oxygen gas mix (H2/O2: 66.6%/33.3%) may be used for breathing."

I wonder what kind of conditions allow that.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

You MAY be able to purchase Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) direct, probably from India, using this link:

http://24x7globalmed.com/categories/Other/Plaquenil

I did receive what looks like chloroquine from these guys in around two weeks and I posted it at the time in the other string. That was with their $20 optional shipping method. Note that the site says it is secure. My browser says it is not. So I gave them a Citibank virtual credit card with a $250 limit. That will be the most they can steal from me and the card number expires in a month and can't access my accounts in any way. You can check out the process on Google in case your bank offers it. It is very reassuring.

At this time I did not read the full paper and do not know the dose yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

http://24x7globalmed.com/categories/Antibiotics/Zithromax?synonym=Zithromax%20(azithromycin)

This is the same presumably India source. But for azithromycin.

Azithromycin has a long half life in the human body. Normally it is sold in the US as a "dosepack". After a loading dose of either 500 mg or one gram, depending on the infection, you take an additional pill (250mg or 500mg) per day for 3 to 5 days, again depending on what you are treating. Again, I did not study the paper so I don't know their recommendations for dose and time.

BOTH OF THESE MEDICATIONS HAVE RISKS! MORE SO FOR OLDER PEOPLE AND/OR THOSE WITH HEART PROBLEMS. CHECK WITH YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL, PREFERABLY A MEDICAL DOCTOR!

You may want to print this out in case you need it later. If I was doing badly with COVID-19, I would not hesitate to try this treatment as soon as my fever got high and/or there was evidence of lower lung infection. If I tested positive and had symptoms, I would take this treatment.

Let's hope it bears out and soon.

(crossposted on LENR forum)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

i'd rather a preventative than a cure but i agree and would take the drugs in a heartbeat...so to speak
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

yeah, i know it's a lot for the drugs; but, imagine what i can sell them for if it works out :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

i got an email plus a text confirmation with a link to my order
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

based on the paper, i think i ordered enough to cure 5 people
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinOK, I read the article. It does sound encouraging. But

"If conditions allow, a hydrogen-oxygen gas mix (H2/O2: 66.6%/33.3%) may be used for breathing."

It's all a cruel joke, then. Does it work better if you chew dynamite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

well, i'm all set for my next std and mosquito attack :)
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: johnqi'd rather a preventative than a cure but i agree and would take the drugs in a heartbeat...so to speak

It would make sense to use Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine alone as a preventative similar to its use in malaria. And then add azithromycin if you get infected. This is only valid if the study is confirmed properly. I would not use chloroquine as a preventative based on current info though it is actually very tempting if one is in a high risk group.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Al

Actually, it's maybe very clever. The lungs become stiff and partially obstructed with cell debris and inflammation and fluid. Breathing require too much effort hence the respirator to assist. But oxygenated hydrogen might have less viscosity. Does anyone know? And I bet that is not an explosive mixture as long as everyone is careful to keep it correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

well, ms. yugo, australia, s.korea and now france say it works
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

@johnq

Links would be nice. Or was it news reports?
    And when you used your oversea pharmacy, do you know if what you received looked legitimate? And arrived in 5-8 days? If you don't mind, what country are you in? Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

•  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

makes nix nox, i don't pay for what i don't get

source india
    destination usa

like i said, i used them before for modafinil oops! you didn't hear that

i haven't ordered in over a decade. standard shipping was 3-4 wks. expedited was less than 2 wks. never had anything confiscated by usps customs but others have
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Links to general info and toxicity for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine:

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/hydroxychloroquine/

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/chloroquine/

I love New Zealand.

But it's a derm site and didn't list azithro so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azithromycin

If you contemplate by necessity to use this treatment in the future, consider those links or similar info so you know possible drug-drug interactions and side effects. And if possible check with a health professional with suitable credentials. In the US, best to select M.D. or D.O.