Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2020

--aber er war kein totales Arschloch. Im Gegenteil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Can you dial it down a notch??
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Ja, aber er war. Ein Kindersoldat mit 17.

Ich möchte natürlich keine unangebrachten Nazivergleiche herstellen, aber.
    Das heil mittel sollte nicht schlimmer sein als die Krankheit.

Das wird sogar von führenden Gastronomen bestätigt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2020 edited

As my Jewish wife would say, you can take your Hitler loving father and shove him up your...reinhole.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: Swissiedial it down

Yes, of course. I can dial it up and down and in any direction i wish. I have made up my mind. I have nothing to lose. It is what it is and there is no reason lie. Don't feel ashamed. I won't accuse anyone of anything.
    But maybe it helps to empathize, to imagine how you fared in that pair of shoes.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: terry1094As my Jewish wife would say, you can take your Hitler loving father and shove him up your...reinhole.

That's not the point. Empathy is, however.
    To understand how so many nice people got it so wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We don't need to talk about the HJ. We have enough bad shit going on right now.
    "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" Matthew 6:34
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Es tut mir leid. Sorry. I only wanted to express that there is no good and there is no evil. It's just people doing things and doing things, even bad things, does not mean that they are 'bad' people.

Talking to the choir, or shore.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusWe don't need to talk about the HJ. We have enough bad shit going on right now.

Yes, and we don't have to, but maybe we should get over it and revoke the special treatment and taboo.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

On the other hand, we, as the expression of the consciousness and will of the universe, have the ability to define and create both good and evil. They both reside in the hearts of humanity and in fact help to define humanness itself. Look around and you will find expressions of both in various degrees, and always emanating from the hearts, minds and actions of "human beings". There are angels and demons and there is a universal war between good and evil happening within our hearts. Many metaphors have been used to describe this fundamental conflict. Pick your favourite: sociobiology, religion, pragmatics, psychology, existentialism, fatalism, nihilism, you name it. Evil is real; it is a force acting within the human psyche; we ignore it at our peril. It is even contagious!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Einsteins concept of relativity applies here. There is no good or evil. Those categories are made up ad hoc to suit our needs. We are lodewijk. Au.

Aua!

Au!

Verdammt!

Hilfe!

Scheiße!

Uoh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinEvil is real; it is a force acting within the human psyche; we ignore it at our peril. It is even contagious!

I finally understand what you meant in seeing evil as a real thing. In that sense I can agree that it is as real as is good, beauty, hate and love.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Having to agree with apparently opposite, contraindicative opinions is somewhat tedious.
    My father was a sergeant in the US Army Corps of Engineers. (I kept asking him what kind of train he drove; when he explained it to me I was much less excited.) They helped rebuild Germany after the disasters of 1945. My mother's mother, on the other hand, was Elsa Schmidt-Falk.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

My uncle was CIC in postwar Germany, as he was quite fluent in the language. Reportedly, he slept with a pistol under his pillow. I never knew him (early brain cancer); just going on what my late mother told me about him.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Die Moral von der Geschicht:

It is very hard to accept that you were taken advantage of, that you were a fool, that you have been fooled and hurt other people along the way.

Behaving evil or good- not a binary choice. Corruption is like corrosion. It takes some time, it's a group effort.

Also, too, if you feel victimized, as the playground bully you are, with the most oppressive and powerful military apparatus in history, that's something to behold. But that is exactly how it works. And it works. As long as you believe it does not.
    A Browning, or a Colt? Or maybe a Luger or a Mauser?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I have no idea. My family in spite of having several veterans of the military, does not hold much with brandishing firearms. My father once owned a single-shot 22 rifle, went duck hunting just once, disassembled the rifle the next day and stashed it in the attic, along with the partly-used box of ammo. I confess to owning an air-pump pellet rifle, purchased mostly to keep squirrels away. Haven't shot it in nearly 20 years; still have the first and only box of pellets that I purchased with the thing.

I know this sounds strange to a Texan, but I'm my father's son.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I don't think that's so strange. Many Texans are as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

IDK, but I made a screenshot.