Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2020

Should I buy this ?

(Are fembikes less likely to be stolen?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: aber0derShould I buythis?

For what?

(Are fembikes less likely to be stolen?)

Err - don't think so. I think attraction is either impulse, in which case it doesn't matter much and if it is not impulse, it is value - what's the most valuable bike on a rack at the wrong moment.

On e-bikes I prefer a crank motor, but that would be more expensive. The bike you linked to looks good value.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: pcstruFor what?

For having a nice ride, for fetching some groceries in the 1.5/4 km far supermarkets, to avoid public transportation, to enjoy nature while being lazy as fuck and to store it in my car just in case.

I'm also planning to buy a 125ccm motorcycle, but it's complicated.
    (My current drivers license permits me to drive 50ccm 45km/h vehicles but that's too dangerous IMO.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

My very limited experience with ebikes reminds me that they are monstrous heavy. If the e-part isn't working it is a slog. Putting it in the car might be another one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: aber0der
    Posted By: pcstruFor what?

For having a nice ride, for fetching some groceries in the 1.5/4 km far supermarkets, to avoid public transportation, to enjoy nature while being lazy as fuck and to store it in my car just in case.

It should be just dandy for that.

I'm also planning to buy a 125ccm motorcycle, but it's complicated.
    (My current drivers license permits me to drive 50ccm 45km/h vehicles but that's too dangerous IMO.)

Yes, having everyone wanting to overtake you is dangerous compared to being able to keep up. I had a nice little CG125 and it was great. I really need another (but I tend to go for 600's).
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AngusMy very limited experience with ebikes reminds me that they are monstrous heavy. If the e-part isn't working it is a slog. Putting it in the car might be another one.

I bought one a few weeks ago. It's not too bad for weight considering I have to manhandle it though the narrow confines of my house. On the road it is like having my own personal breeze to help me along. I'm loving it and cursing the fact that lockdown and working from home means I don't have a nice daily commute ~16 miles to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Well stay safe, I don't want you to die before me.
    Sixteen miles gets old after a few days, ebike or pedal bike irregardless.

(Why does my splchkr know how to spell irregardless?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's illiterate.
    Please don't
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I din't !
    No, the other guy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: alsetalokinSixteen miles gets old after a few days, ebike or pedal bike irregardless.

8 miles per leg is nice. It's not much quicker to drive and I can shower and keep a change of clothes & stuff at work. It saves me parking charge, petrol and car wear & tear. I will get fit(ter) so maybe it saves me Gym charge too. I hope it does get old and becomes habitual behaviour but even if I'm just a fair weather type, it will pay for itself relatively quickly.

The eBike neutralises three things - hills, headwind and at the end of a hard days work which included an 8 mile ride into work - I know I can dial in more help and ... choose my battles. You need to pedal and put in some work on my ebike - there is no throttle.

In theory anyway. Might be a while. before I get to put it into practice as we look set to mostly work from home as the new normal.

My current workday 'exercise' ride is 10 miles with two climbs totalling ~1000ft. I tend to start with no assist, use the lowest level on the first climb and mid level on the steeper bit of the second. There are a few miles on a canal towpath where speeds are very sedate because I don't fancy a dip. I'm doing the loop in 40 minutes. I always seem to enjoy it.

I look forward to affordable, more powerful electric bikes which will complete against 125, 600cc and larger motorbikes (but not on canal towpaths). There is something quite special about thrashing the tits off a CBR600 on the B roads of England. Or at least there appears to be having survived. Electric bikes have real promise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Any mode of transportation that does not enclose your body in a full metal jacket is dangerous. Come to think it, so is the FMJ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AngusIt's illiterate.

Sure. If only the illiterate would keep their clumsy words, tripping over themselves in their own little heads there, instead of spewing them into the world where connoisseurs of the proper might be troubled by such uncouth display of ignorance and idiocy. "It's" indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ah. Nostalgia for the days when I rode daily from Wilmersdorf in to HHI on Einsteinufer in Berlin. The bike paths there run on the sidewalk, so it gets interesting.

Long ago, alas.
    (looks wistfully at his old mountain bike hanging from the ceiling, all covered with dust...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: alsetalokin(looks wistfully at his old mountain bike hanging from the ceiling, all covered with dust...)

Dust it off. DIY some ebits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

So innovative stuff with magnetics, perhaps we could have a pair of coils mounted like V brakes and we have a steel or magnetically malleable rim which we can use a machine to imprint a polarity picture, such that we can then use the coil and texture as a impulse motor. Or maybe just fit some neodidium thingymawhatsits on the spokes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

DIY Electric Bike

You can make one yourself. Here's one of dozens on youtube https://youtu.be/K4agc2RLs9c