Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: aber0der'beer bikes'

Do the pedallers drink for free? And does the driver have to tend bar as well?
    It's Germany. You know all that sort of thing is organised!

cf. Anstalltungsvorbereitungsreinheitssinnvollheitsmehrvorbereitungsgebot.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2020

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymancf. Anstalltungsvorbereitungsreinheitssinnvollheitsmehrvorbereitungsgebot.

Language evolves too.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2020 edited

If a word takes more than one breath to say, it's either too long or you are climbing a mountain -- in Germany.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: alsetalokinIf a word takes more than one breath to say, it's either too long or you are climbing a mountain -- in Germany.

I don't know. Taking the time to think things through and formulating a coherent sentence that expresses your thoughts sufficiently is not worse than being buried by an avalanche of meaningless acronyms and abbreviations only a guild of barely functional analphabets can decode.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2020 edited

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän has its own context included. DJT, not so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

All that's missing is a few spaces: installation preparation purity sense preparatory bid, says google. If an AI can decode it it's at least theoretically intelligible. And of course to those in the know it becomes the IPPSPB. Or in German : Avorbi.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

'Danke.'
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2020 edited

(Ich bin übrigens sehr tolerant, wenn jemand meine Muttersprache vergewaltigt. Nicht, dass ich diese Tatbestände begrüßen würde, aber nach meiner Auffassung ist immer eine gewisse Zurückhaltung geboten, aus gegenseitigem Respekt und Höflichkeit.)

But...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusAll that's missing is a few spaces: installation preparation purity sense preparatory bid, says google. If an AI can decode it it's at least theoretically intelligible. And of course to those in the know it becomes the IPPSPB. Or in German : Avorbi.

...And that is exactly why US-made TESLA cars still struggle with build quality. Even Chinese car mafos can do better. And do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2020

I know...
    Blinded by the light!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: aber0der(Ich bin übrigens sehr tolerant, wenn jemand meine Muttersprache vergewaltigt. Nicht, dass ich diese Tatbestände begrüßen würde, aber nach meiner Auffassung ist immer eine gewisse Zurückhaltung geboten, aus gegenseitigem Respekt und Höflichkeit.)

But...

Since nobody manages to learn any language but English with any facility I am left with no option but to commiserate with you. I hope it's not giving away my age when I say that I am of a generation in which Physics education was considered incomplete without some familiarity with German, and I dutifully did two years study of technical German at university, even though I was only an Engineering Physicist. As a matter of fact I enjoyed it greatly and did well. Perhaps I should have been a German scholar - I found Physics a lot harder.

This might seem incredible to some, but it was still so in the 1960s.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanBlinded by the light!

I am still a little bit irritated from the tesla cultists. I thought I knew where the AAPL was going in 1998.

Of course that does not redeem you of posting silly and nonsensical alphabet soup.
    What about clam chowder?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusThis might seem incredible to some, but it was still so in the 1960s.

I was born in the late 60's and your neural elasticity as displayed on the moletrap still fills me up with amazement and respect.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWhat about clam chowder?

What is it worth?

TESLAs numbers and figures and products can speak for themselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Of course, knowing that TESLA is a cult like APPLE can bear some fruits.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: aber0derOf course, knowing that TESLA is a cult like APPLE can bear some fruits.

???
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

The aber0dometer says +-190km.

That's the equivalent of 9500 walks to the bathroom.