Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormrflora
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010

Check it out at http://www.spaceflightnow.com.

The Dragon spacecraft is scheduled to splashdown around 2 p.m. EST (I believe that's 2000 GMT). If landing is successful, this will be the first time a private company has launched and retrieved an orbital spacecraft.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Thanks for posting that it saves me the trouble. Way to go with private enterprise. Hope the Skylon can get funding as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

It appears circumcised.

•  
      CommentAuthormrflora

Perfect for circumnavigating the Earth :)

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugoIt appears circumcised.

Errrmmm . . . Are you sure you are sufficiently familiar with this subject to avoid embarrassment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010 edited

With all her work in the STD clinics I would say so.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

After all, I do look at Facepalm... uh... Facebook... MySpace.... whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Whatever?
    • CommentAuthorArde

whatever.com Doesn't really seem like her kinda place.

"Restore your wellbeing at the Healing Space We offer a myriad of alternative healing methods, from body therapies, complementary medicine, energy healing to psychic readings. Stop by for an invigorating rubdown, or be empowered by a session with one of our intuitive healers and clairvoyants. "
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: maryyugoIt appears circumcised.

Errrmmm . . . Are you sure you are sufficiently familiar with this subject to avoid embarrassment?

With maryugo's advanced knowledge of chemistry, I suspect she would be more familiar with the "propellant".
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Nah... I'm still trying to figure out how they refill the damn things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugoNah... I'm still trying to figure out how they refill the damn things.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm..........
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012

I wonder how the new falcon spacecraft will impact on Skylon?
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012 edited

Posted By: TrimI wonder how the new falcon spacecraft will impact on Skylon?

They still appear to be taking bookings:

Skylon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012

Anywhere on Earth in four hours? Top-secret Skylon space plane could replace jets and rockets, company claims

From the article:Reaction Engines Ltd believes its Sabre engine, which would operate like a jet engine in the atmosphere and a rocket in space, could displace rockets for space access and transform air travel by bringing any destination on Earth to no more than four hours away.

That ambition was given a boost on Wednesday by ESA, which has acted as an independent auditor on the Sabre test program.

“ESA are satisfied that the tests demonstrate the technology required for the Sabre engine development,” the agency’s head of propulsion engineering Mark Ford told a news conference.

“One of the major obstacles to a re-usable vehicle has been removed,” he said. “The gateway is now open to move beyond the jet age.”

The space plane, dubbed Skylon, only exists on paper. What the company has right now is a remarkable heat exchanger that is able to cool air sucked into the engine at high speed from 1,000 degrees Celsius to minus 150 degrees in one hundredth of a second.

This core piece of technology solves one of the constraints that limit jet engines to a top speed of about 2.5 times the speed of sound, which Reaction Engines believes it could double.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012

Posted By: maryyugoAfter all, I do look at Facepalm... uh... Facebook... MySpace.... whatever.
    MySpaceX?
    Are they running the inlet air past a Quenco array, or what?
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012 edited

They've been working on this for a long time. Been talking about it for maybe 20 years. I think they flew a prototype version in a drone at around Mach 4-5 at Woomera a few years ago,

http://www.dsto.defence.gov.au/news/5669/