Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2021 edited

Posted By: goatcheezIt kicks ass on the 2nd trip.

Sure. But reusable rocket ships aren't really reusable until they have been successfully reused.
    That's too subtle for me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2021 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinreusable rocket ships aren't really reusable until they have been successfully reused.

That's not logical. They are reusable before they have been successfully reused. (They may also be reusable afterwards, but that is before the time after that.)

Of course the reuse may fail, in which case they are not reusable before they have been unsuccessfully reused, but nobody knows that yet. It is an example of grammatical time travel.
    Look at it this way: The Saturn V is like a bottle rocket. Shoot it off and when it's done it's trash, the whole thing. Nothing comes back in reusable condition. But the finny thing delivers some of its empty weight back to the ground in semi-usable condition (if all goes well) and lives to fly another day, like an Estes model rocket. A little refurbing, patch some paint chips, stick a new motor full of fuel in there and it's ready to go again. So its reduced payload capacity relative to the S-V isn't as significant since some of its empty weight is reusable. I guess that's the theory.

It looks like it has a better view out the top, anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2021

You are talking about rockets. I am talking about words. "Rocket" is a word, so you are on my turf.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Posted By: AngusYou are talking about rockets. I am talking about words. "Rocket" is a word, so you are on my turf.

Geez. I hope Canada doesn't grant you serious enforcement powers. It's bad enough that we have to pay royalties for "sorry."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Be mighty careful...we will take you to the NAFTA dispute resolution tribunal if you get out of line!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2021

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It does seem a little futile to be wearing COVID masks in a space capsule. Why is there an automobile mounted over their heads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Could be the simulator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

With the door open.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Model Z
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2021 edited

I am happy to notice that Borgward is still making vehicles.

electric isabella
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2021 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Because of course if you can make one, you can make 00's, 000's - it is after all, just engineering.It's not as if the stuff it is made from is especially rare.

Now we are all, well, it is a bit difficult and we might want to actually reuse some of the engineered stuff because, well, engineering, dont'-cha-know!

Which has to be a bit of a blow for the optimists - that it is not subject to 'disposable' economics. It's too ... difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2021 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTime5 days ago