Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2020 edited

I posted this elsewhere but I think the issue deserves it's own thread. Canada has allowed the use of psilocybin for the depression and anxiety experienced by terminal patients and appears to be contemplating the legalization for medicinal purposes. Anderson Cooper covered the topic recently on "60 Minutes".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/psychedelic-drugs-lsd-active-agent-in-magic-mushrooms-to-treat-addiction-depression-anxiety-60-minutes-2020-08-16/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2020

I remember road trips to south Georgia by fellow college students to seek 'shrooms in cow dung. The most common species containing psilocybin is psilcybe cubensis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Today, home cultivation appears to have been perfected thanks to the now infamous Uncle Ben.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Was he on mushrooms?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Denver became the first city in the US to essentially decriminalize 'shrooms on May 8, 2019.

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-passes-psychedelic-mushroom-decriminalization-initiative-11337657
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: goatcheezWas he on mushrooms?

Most accidents of tourists in Amsterdam jumping out of windows, in canals or stupid and weird attacks are result of unexperienced mushroom use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

"Most"? Do you have a citation for that claim?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

The chemistry of those 'shrooms: http://www.stainblue.com/ah.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

When I was young, the local shroom was Psilocybe semilanceata - AKA "Liberty Cap" but locally known as "sillies" which seems somewhat appropriate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

An interesting species. I can see why they say it resembles a Phrygian cap; however, for me, it reminds me of a girl I knew in high school.
    "Conic to obtusely conic to conic-campanulate with an acute umbo."

You knew her too? Small world....
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Not in the biblical sense, unfortunately.
    The bible is overrated
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2020 edited

Possible dementia treatment using hericium erinaceus. Stimulates creation of myelin! I wonder if it would work on multiple sclerosis. This is phenomenal. Excerpted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWxWq0Fv0U&t=23m26s
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

• CommentAuthorAsterix

It's truly remarkable that fungi provide such a wide range of toxins. There are many species here whose toxicity is only a matter of anecdote. Some are perfectly safe to consume, but can be deadly if taken with an alcoholic drink. cf Inky-cap mushroom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixIt's truly remarkable that fungi provide such a wide range of toxins. There are many species here whose toxicity is only a matter of anecdote. Some are perfectly safe to consume, but can be deadly if taken with an alcoholic drink.cf Inky-cap mushroom.

Most of the herbs and spices we love so much are toxins, at least by intent.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Sure, but I know of no spices that are quite as deadly as the fungal variety.