Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Don't brown people get to be capitalized?
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020

Yep. Amortised as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2020

The vital symbiosis between mycelia and plants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycorrhiza
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Hell, why don't we just eliminate the Animalia entirely? The only useful part of the Opisthokonta seem to be fungi.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

I just harvested my first flush of Lion's Mane. It really is very tasty (but doesn't taste like lobster/crab IMO), and is making the whole house smell really really good as I dry it. I never saw any mention of the fragrance when I was studying this.

I learned stuff. This first flush started to spore before the mushrooms matured. I'm pretty sure that was because the humidity was way too low (typical humidity in Colorado is in the teens). It's going to be an interesting problem to give them enough fresh air without drying them out.

About as fun as I expected though. When it first started to grow it went like gang busters. There was a visible difference in size every time I looked and I looked a few times per day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Terry Gilliam Just Wanted Some Magic Mushrooms for His 80th Birthday
    The now-octogenarian's one wish for a very happy pandemic birthday? A dose of psilocybin mushrooms.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2020/11/terry-gilliam-shrooms-80th-birthday-1234600131/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2020 edited

Psilocybin & migraine: First of its kind trial reports promising results
    https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/psilocybin-migraine-psychedelic-clinical-trial-promising-results/

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2020

• CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2020

I have learned that growing Lion's Mane isn't as easy as the videos make it out to be. I think I'll keep trying, but I don't have the right climate for it here in Colorado, so there's a lot of energy that has to go into making the right microclimate to grow in.

My first attempt is all played out. The second attempt just started to produce mushrooms yesterday, and there is just a hint of visible activity in the third batch. The third one is one that I did from scratch, rather than buy a kit from Amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Just say no.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Yes!
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Can't even play your own game?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2020 edited

Nein, nicht, 9, Nö!
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2020

Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Genau. Heavy Christmas.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

I just found a second flush sprouting from my first batch. I was just about sure that batch was done, and just stuck it in the basement for safe keeping. Now it's back in the grow chamber.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: goatcheezI chose it by referral from someone familiar with the company but have changed to Fungi Perfecti's mycelial product.
    Hmph. Not available on Amazon. I don't know how to buy shit on the internet without Amazon. (weg)
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez