Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2020

Pre-Crime? Another straight out of the Putin playbook - but no surprise when the party of government is funded by dirty Russian money authorised by Putin.

Meanwhile yesterday the Home Office released an advert which described lawyers representing asylum seekers as "activist lawyers"!
    If in doubt, interrogate leaders of big business. The kind of people Trim worships.

Go ahead. Mention Elon Musk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2020

Apparently, it is OK to have a misogynist, homophobic, climate change denier to represent Britain in trade negotiations because Tony Abbot is an expert in trade. Seems like the former charges are enough to distract any journalists from asking what his qualifications are that actually make him an expert in "trade"? Presumably the distraction is what it is all about - first distract from the "Oven Ready deal" that was Boris' promise to the electorate.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2020

Ideological alignment is more important than skills and knowledge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2020

Today we have the Government in parliament apparently admitting that they intend to breach international law and renege on agreements they wrote and voted through, lauding their cleverness at it and insisting it didn't need the usual scrutiny!

Priti Patel will probably brand it "activist law".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2020 edited

Unambiguously proving to the rest of the world that the UK clearly is a country that really, really cannot be trusted.

Seems to me to be a rather ... erm ... unusual and unorthodox ... way for the UK to begin its attempts to start negotiating all of those much-hyped, heralded and promised international trade deals ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: DuracellUnambiguously proving to the rest of the world that the UK clearly is a country that really, really cannot be trusted.

Especially when run by the party of "law and order"!

Seems to me to be a rather ... erm ... unusual and unorthodox ... way for the UK to begin its attempts to start negotiating all of those much-hyped, heralded and promised international trade deals ...

Apparently WTO terms are just dandy. And while we are better off taking back control and being out of the EU, Scotland and Wales should remain being governed largely from London with greatly elected figures like ... Ian Botham drawing £350 a day to pontificate in the HOL.

It is like we are being run by a bunch who's idea of a intellectual giant is someone who tests if their eyesight is up to driving by taking their family for a 60 mile drive.

These evil bastards are out to do murder. If satire isn't dead, it is unemployed living under a bridge in a cardboard box mainlining crack and hoping to die soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

It's a concerted effort to move a certain percentage of the population into altruistic punishment mode by suggesting (or hammering with millions+) that they are the victims of *.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2020

Apparently the solution to not having a border is that you will need a special access pass to get into Kent. Some have speculated it might be a passport but given the border issues, I think it is just a long stay parking ticket.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2020

So expressing ideas against Capitalism is verboten in Britain's, well I now hesitate to call them "schools".
    No better way than to give the latest Young Generation something to rebel against. Speaking of rebellion and the sixties (which we weren't) I well remember Tariq Ali at Oxford (quoted in that article) running around near the Union making a lot of noise. Good to see that he has not yet lost his voice. He's absolutely right, of course. Back then there were all sorts of left wing clubs to be joined, right across the spectrum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2020

Apparently our track and trace system missed 16,000 tests because ... an "old version of excel" was being used.

Good job peoples lives don't depend on government competence - oh, wait ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2020

Posted By: pcstruan "old version of excel" was being used.

I think "the dog ate my homework" was more convincing.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2020

• CommentAuthorxanadan
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2020

I really liked all the detail and achievable near-term goals in Boris's speech yesterday - its great we now finally have a Prime Minister that gets things done and we can all respect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2020 edited

And with the new Spy Cops Bill, they can get things done and if happens to be illegal - well, that's OK! We can Trust the British Government,. right?
    Fascism is the easy way out; a lazy man's form of government.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2020

Posted By: pcstruApparently our track and trace system missed 16,000 tests because ... an "old version of excel" was being used.

Good job peoples lives don't depend on government competence - oh, wait ...

https://www.tidyverse.org/learn/

https://r4ds.had.co.nz/

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2020

R uses a proprietary storage format and would not be a good choice for this either. Yeah, great choice for doing analysis, not for neutral storage.

Something like XML or JSON would have done the trick. Even good ol' CSV.

Excel was obviously the wrong choice for this shit, however the big problem was that they were using Excel 2003, believe it or not. It has a row limit of 65,536....