Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2021

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2021 edited

I stumbled over this vital informative video while thinking about buying a new keyboard. Because this one is so worn down even a blind typist can smell the cheesus.

The next one will have proper microswitches and mechanic properties that are actually worth the price.
    Any recommendations? (typing this from a Razer Omarosa or whatever)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

I like my Filco majestouch 2 with brown switches. Bit pricey but quality kit.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Thanky ----> surfeying the webs...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

OK. 200+Eurons and only 12 F! keys. Anger management just became expensive.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Still use IBM Model Ms on all my machines. Haven't had one fail in 30 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2021 edited

Logitech K120 for me. Nice feeling key action for touch typists, cheap as dirt and easy to clean: toss it and plug in another one.

The only problem I have ever had with them is that the letter decals on the keys sometimes wear out. In this order : etaoin shrdlu.

Not really -- I seem to lose the N first and the A and the S next. Just the decals; the keys still work fine.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2021 edited

Yup, sometime in the 1980s, manufacturers moved away from double-shot keys to dye sublimation. Cheaper, but inferior.

My Model M keys look like new, but for a shine developed from wear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2021

Posted By: AsterixStill use IBM Model Ms on all my machines. Haven't had one fail in 30 years.

+1
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2021

Posted By: alsetalokinLogitech K120 for me. Nice feeling key action for touch typists, cheap as dirt and easy to clean: toss it and plug in another one.

The only problem I have ever had with them is that the letter decals on the keys sometimes wear out. In this order : etaoin shrdlu.

Not really -- I seem to lose the N first and the A and the S next. Just the decals; the keys still work fine.

My Filco has the letter labels on the front of the keys, which is odd at first; when you stand up and look down at it, it looks as if there are no labels.