Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2021

I ordered a wall bracket mount for an LCD TV last week. It arrived today and was a nice heavy-duty unit, complete with long lagbolts for mounting.

So, I started by locating a mounting stud in the wall--pretty easy. I then went to get my impact driver to mount the bracket--and then I stopped. I was dumbfounded at my own lunacy.

Said stud was part of the framing for a sliding pocket door.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. At least I caught myself, but jeez--I must be losing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2021

Don't feel bad!
    (I'm not going to explain why I say that any further.)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2021 edited

I waited on 2 consequent days (for about an hour) for a bus that never came.
    There was a strike.(I found out later)

If patience was a super-power, ... it isn't.
    Spent at least two hours struggling to extract the power steering rack and pinion unit from my little Chevrolet automobile, through the passenger side wheel well just like it said in the book. No matter what I did it just didn't want to come out. Not enough clearance, no way, I must be doing something wrong. Then I realized... the auto maintenance book I was working from was published in the UK.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2021

That's OK. I once needed to look in the gas tank filler tube on my vehicle but needed a light to see,, so I grabbed the butane lighter out of my pocket, stuck it inside the opening, was just about to flick it on when at the last second I realized what I was about to do and stopped. I'll bet I was white as a ghost!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: alsetalokinSpent at least two hours struggling to extract the power steering rack and pinion unit from my little Chevrolet automobile, through the passenger side wheel well just like it said in the book. No matter what I did it just didn't want to come out. Not enough clearance, no way, I must be doing something wrong. Then I realized... the auto maintenance book I was working from was published in the UK.

The answer is clear--you simply needed to stand on your head while working--or is that for Ozzie cars?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

When I was a preschooler, we(I+) once experimented with the common 'throwing alight matches into the fuel tank' of an 'NSU Prinz' routine.
    It gently 'whoooh'd like breathing out. No fireworks, no blackface.

(fixed some of the most glaring, but fears it's still not done)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I used to burn logging slash by igniting a pile with a couple gallons of diesel. One time, I ran short of diesel and opted to use a gallon of old gasoline (not suitable for use as fuel). I saturated the pile and tossed a lighted rag onto it. The boom was deafening--and the pile didn't ignite!

Old timers used to add a few old tires to the pile to keep things going...
    I made gunpowder when I was 10 and blew a hole in Dad's tool chest. I got the cane for that.
    When I was 7 I taught my sister to draw spacemen all over her new wallpaper, as I had just done in my room. I got the cane for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I jammed my father's Brunsviga calculator by brute force 40 years ago. He never found out.
    (Dowsed it in oil and scratched his head)
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: sonoboyThat's OK. I once needed to look in the gas tank filler tube on my vehicle but needed a light to see,, so I grabbed the butane lighter out of my pocket, stuck it inside the opening, was just about to flick it on when at the last second I realized what I was about to do and stopped. I'll bet I was white as a ghost!

I once saw something like that happen with a motorbike, but the lighter was flicked and the column of flame was about
    20 feet high.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Times, flies, byes.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Bathtime for Chimpler.

(Tiny Spiderperson)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Can you clamp the inevitable?
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2021

Posted By: loreman
    Posted By: sonoboyThat's OK. I once needed to look in the gas tank filler tube on my vehicle but needed a light to see,, so I grabbed the butane lighter out of my pocket, stuck it inside the opening, was just about to flick it on when at the last second I realized what I was about to do and stopped. I'll bet I was white as a ghost!

I once saw something like that happen with a motorbike, but the lighter was flicked and the column of flame was about
    20 feet high.

Yikes!