Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2021

Haven’t seen one of those for a while either
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2021 edited

Running a small business, I *almost* stopped taking cheques as a means of payment as they were too much trouble to pay into the bank, a 30 minute drive away. Fortunately, my bank now allow me to photograph a cheque, and pay it into my account via my smartphone. I have no idea how the security for that actually works, but I've not had the system fail me yet. Together with a simple card reader device, banking has become MUCH easier for me in recent years. I cannot remember the last time I actually spoke to a teller at a counter!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

With the pandemic, you have to make an appointment to see a teller or clerk. Drive-up deposits are still legit.

Even the last round of stimulus checks came in paper form, even though we make estimated tax payments and witholding payments via direct transfer. The US in some areas is still addicted to paper.

Institutional customers still pay with paper.

ATMs for cash are still okay, providing the one you use is part of your bank's network. Otherwise, fees attend.

There is an undercurrent in US life that does not trust banks or the Internet. Cash only. If the government doesn't see it, the government can't tax it. The illicit drug trade, for example, is all cash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2021

Last time I received a cheque to deposit the ATM machine didn't even ask me the amount. I stuck it in the slot and it read the thing and told me what it was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: AsterixThe illicit drug trade, for example, is all cash bitcoin.
    FIFY ...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2021

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2021

Posted By: Duracell
    Posted By: AsterixThe illicit drug trade, for example, is all[strike]cash[/strike]bitcoin.
    FIFY ...

I was in the lift (elevator) yesterday and some young female lawyers from a couple of floors up were discussing their Bitcoin holdings. How the world changes.