Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2021 edited

So....to those who already are aware of this topic,,, I have never seen such an unprofessional bunch in my life as these knuckleheads. If I explain to them up front the photographic evidence I have in my possession for a massive unknown lake creature,, I get no response. I have had to trick the few to have actually seen one or more of my images into looking,, I did so by asking if they can identify this animal etc without giving extensive details. They make guesses,, could be this,, could be that..As soon as they find out the size they run away like little schoolgirls. They all know up front that I am a marine electronics tech with engineering experience in acoustic imaging, just to let them know I'm someone who might have a clue as to what I am doing.

I actually had one of these boneheads, a Ph.D no less, who I sent copy of an image of the creature cut out from the background, ask if I merely captured an image of a snail crawling across the camera lens. So Mr. Ph.D actually thinks you can take a recognizable picture of a snail crawling across the lens of the camera taking the picture. Optics would not be his specialty I would think. Nor common sense. Anyhow, as soon as I described the size, the time scales involved in the wave propagation from the disturbance etc he just vanished like the others. So professional. I even tried biologists from way outside of the area in question thinking they could be more objective.... Crickets. Nature conservation groups..Crickets. It would appear that writing long winded word salad papers to each other to show how smart they all are is the priority. You know--

" The idiosyncrasies in Newtonian entrubutlated et al understandably concatenates the vector dynamics in DNA nucleotide s and sedimentary exoskeletons and disputatious embolisms in tertiary platen cellular membranes... blah blah fucking blah..."

Now I am considering filing a lawsuit with the state environmental agency responsible for overseeing this body of water and twist their arm on this. I have effectively the force of Law to back me up. I discovered House resolutions passed decades ago instructing the various agencies to take sightings of this animal seriously, gather photographic evidence from the public etc. One of the bills supporters back in the day was the Director of the Museum of Natural History no less. My how the mighty have fallen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2021

You haven't managed to trick any of us into looking, even though we've asked to see.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2021

Scientific validation is more important than ever. Keep on fighting, Seanibuoy.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2021

Posted By: AngusYou haven't managed to trick any of us into looking, even though we've asked to see.

But you guys don't have any standing in this. What you think of it is meaningless from a practical standpoint. The ones that need to get involved are afraid of ridicule from their colleagues. But what the hell, I will post a reduced resolution copy for you guys to see. This will be converted to old fashioned newspaper image quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2021 edited

Well fuck you too, sonoboy.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

They didn't get anything much better than I will post for you muckrakers to see.. Gotta wait til tomorrow though. Wanna add a watermark etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Posted By: sonoboyBut you guys don't have any standing in this. What you think of it is meaningless from a practical standpoint.

So take your bait and phish elsewhere.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: goatcheez
    Posted By: sonoboyBut you guys don't have any standing in this. What you think of it is meaningless from a practical standpoint.

So take your bait and phish elsewhere.

You clowns should consider yourselves anointed and special. Only 2 people out of the 40 or so I work with know anything about this and only one has actually seen a copy. The only others to see the best versions are a few family members.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

You seem sufficiently anointed for us all.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I for one welcome our Lake Monster Overlords
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

We have sufficient monsters in our own species...no need to multiply entities.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

...not to mention the monstrosities that reside in our heads...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: sonoboy
    You clowns should consider yourselves anointed and special. Only 2 people out of the 40 or so I work with know anything about this and only one has actually seen a copy. The only others to see the best versions are a few family members.

We already think of ourselves as anointed and special. Nevertheless I will be pleased to add my meagre knowledge to the sum of the expertise applied to your evidence, should I get the chance. I do have to admit that so far you probably aren't too happy with my reactions to things you send, but it is what it is.

As aber0der or some orange guy keeps saying.
    You got nothing, kid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

I can't imagine why academics and experts in their field would not find Sonoboy's claims credible and Sonoboy himself a delight to engage with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

^
    |

Reduced 'newspaper' resolution image above. You can't see much but it is quite distant, so in our simulated reality, is huge.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: sonoboy

But you guys don't have any standing in this. What you think of it is meaningless from a practical standpoint.

And yet here you are.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2021 edited

OK... To all the bananas caught in the moletrap....

Again, reduced in resolution. Basically now a bi-level dot matrix

The animal pictured was traveling left to right after hitting the surface and was at the apex of a growing horseshoe shaped ring of disturbance. This is the second image of it. 15 seconds later the disturbance was greater than 30 meters in diameter with the animal then submerged. More than a minute later the rings came ashore at the instrument station with enough energy to noticeably reflect back out into the lake. Camera was ~ 6 meters above the water and what is pictured of the animal is ~6 meters in length

I am considering posting a full resolution image of a typical disturbance caused by this thing submerging. It would NOT be part of this sequence if I do.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy